Updates on Building EHP Discussion Forum

+3
Cinnamon
Dave58
ReadyMom
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Updates on Building EHP Discussion Forum Empty Updates on Building EHP Discussion Forum

Post by ReadyMom Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:08 pm

Promoting the Forum: So ... I don't want to get other forum Owners mad at me, so I haven't many any announcements that EHP is on the net. To me, the more forums to join, the better, because each one has their own 'personality' and group of frequent members. I like having choices.   BUT ... if any new members visit us and like us ... please share with others that you found EHP and it's a good place to visit!

Emoticons: Eventually, I'd like to learn how to offer different/better emoticons to use, too!

Mobile Format:I'm NOT crazy about the format that is offered for phones & tablets, but I don't have any control over it. I didn't know that it was that kind of format, when I set up the forum. I hope those that use phones/tables can get used to it.

Ads:  We'll have to just get used to seeing them, for now. This is a 'free' forum, so the ads will continue to pop up.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited by ReadyMom on Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Updates on Building EHP Discussion Forum Empty Re: Updates on Building EHP Discussion Forum

Post by Dave58 Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:52 am

Nothing to be sorry about ReadyMom I'm just glad this is here

Thank You

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Updates on Building EHP Discussion Forum Empty Adding EHP State Forums!

Post by ReadyMom Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:04 pm

Introducing a NEW area! We now have STATE Forums! :cheers: They are at the end of the Home Page.

I'll add starting topics. If you want an additional topic for your state (cause I know each state has their own individual concerns and interests), just let me know and we can add it for you.

I've included Washington, DC as it's own area because living there there are surely specific concerns and interests, as our nation's capital.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Updates on Building EHP Discussion Forum Empty Re: Updates on Building EHP Discussion Forum

Post by ReadyMom Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:15 pm

So, I've tried to change the smileys/emoticons. Some are clearer than others. It's a learning process. But they are better than what we had started with. Smile

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:05 am

I hate to say it, but it's better than APN's new format.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:20 am

Cinnamon wrote:I hate to say it, but it's better than APN's new format.
Thanks Cin. It's a LOT of work. I just wish we had more active members. I want all the hard work to be worth the effort. I'm working on the medical forum, now. I wish I could get in touch with the folks who left APN, to let them know we are here, if they are looking for a place to go.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:04 pm

I see how hard you're working RM, I only have one question:

When do you sleep Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:44 pm

rick1 wrote:I see how hard you're working RM, I only have one question:

When do you sleep Sleep
Aaaahhh ... you found one of the new emoticons!! Laughing

LoL! I'm a night owl. Have always been a 'stay-at-home' mom/wife, so that helps to have some time. I try to do computer stuff, in the morning. But I keep popping in, during the day. Then, I come on again, at night. Sitting w/ hubby, watching tv and comp. on my lap. I don't like to just watch tv. Always have something else to do, as well.

Like I said, my only worry is that I'm doing this for just a few.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:52 am

Exclamation  Added a new forum: Recalls, under Chit Chat.  Thought that since there are so many in the news, this would be a good one to add.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:14 pm

Added some new emoticons for Christmas. Just click on the smiley face, in the tool bar, then click on the drop down menu and choose 'holiday'. Any special request, let me know and I'll see what I can find! Enjoy. GiftSmiley

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:05 pm

Thumbs Up-2
Awesome!
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by jimLE Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:22 pm

I've seen the recall section.and Im assuming that your referring to car seats to vehicle's to what ever.im wondering if that includes food as well.so i'll check it out.there's a forum in which i can add a link to here,next time im there.

expect the worst. Hope for the best. And capitalize on each situation the best you can..

“Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an example unto you to follow us. For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.”
jimLE
jimLE

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:44 am

Exclamation Today, I made a new prep forum: I separated 'Bug Out Bags' from the 'Evacuation' forum. You can now find those posts under 'Bags'. It just seems easier to find.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:35 am

Updates on Building EHP Discussion Forum ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fclipartion.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F11%2Fthe-way-of-wisdom   NEW Forum: "Music' Smile

Admin

Back to top Go down

Updates on Building EHP Discussion Forum Empty Gun Forum . . .

Post by ReadyMom Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:37 pm

We don't currently have a forum for guns, because I don't feel I'm knowledgeable enough about them to even try and include a thread or two. If anyone would like to have such a forum and would be the mod for that area of our EHP site, let me know and I'll set it up.

Last edited by ReadyMom on Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
ReadyMom
ReadyMom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Updates on Building EHP Discussion Forum Empty guns.......

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:55 pm

ReadyMom wrote:We don't currently have a forum for guns, because I don't feel I'm knowledgeable enough about them to even try and include a thread or two. If anyone would like to have such a forum and would be the mod for that area of our EHP site, let me know and I'll set it up.

I would be willing to do it.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:03 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:
ReadyMom wrote:We don't currently have a forum for guns, because I don't feel I'm knowledgeable enough about them to even try and include a thread or two. If anyone would like to have such a forum and would be the mod for that area of our EHP site, let me know and I'll set it up.

Thank You. Done. Suggestions for topics, let me know.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:38 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:

You Da Man DTKA    Thumbs Up-2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:55 pm

LOTS of new emoticons & smilies for Fall & Halloween have been added. Scroll to 'Seasons' or 'Holiday' for them all.

NEW for Fall: (Seasons)
Autumn-1 Autumn-2.0 Autumn-2.2 Autumn-3 Autumn-4 Autumn-5 Autumn-6 Autumn-7 Autumn-8

NEW for Halloween (Holiday):
Bat-1   Bat-2   Ghost-1   Ghost-2   Ghost-3   Ghost-4   Mummy-1   Mummy-2   Pumpkin-1   Pumpkin-2   Pumpkin-3   Skeleton-1   Skeleton-2   Spider-1   Spider-2   Spider-3   Vampire-1   Witch-1   Witch-2   Witch-3   Witch-4   Witch-5   Wizard-1   Halloween-1   Halloween-2   Halloween-3   Halloween-4   Halloween-5   Halloween-6   Halloween-7

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:52 am

Fun! Fun! Fun! Huh...they didn't work. I'll try again later.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:10 am

Cinnamon wrote:Fun! Fun! Fun! Huh...they didn't work. I'll try again later.
Did you go to the emoticon button, when you made a post? The ones above are just the sample pics!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:28 pm

ReadyMom wrote:
Cinnamon wrote:Fun! Fun! Fun! Huh...they didn't work. I'll try again later.
 Did you go to the emoticon button, when you made a post? The ones above are just the sample pics!

Thankx ReadyMom, I couldn't find them either, but I found them now.

P.S. How about some for that season you hate😢  and the one I love (WINTER) Dancing Yellow

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:32 pm

Try this:

Open your posting box and click on the yellow emoticons/smilie to open the smile box
Updates on Building EHP Discussion Forum Screen44

In the box that opens, either scroll through the 'everyday' emoticons OR Click on the 'View more Emoticons box:
Updates on Building EHP Discussion Forum Screen45

Click on your choice to choose an emoticon:
Updates on Building EHP Discussion Forum Screen47

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:36 pm

rick1 wrote:

Thankx ReadyMom, I couldn't find them either, but I found them now.

P.S. How about some for that season you hate😢  and the one I love (WINTER) Dancing Yellow

Rick
 You KNOW how I procrastinate doing ANYTHING with that season!  But YES! I'll add them, as well. Just let me get used to the leaves falling, first!  Autumn-6

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:29 am

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:

Thanks. I didn't know it was there, but will now find it and begin posting.

On the topic of new members, I have invited a few. A couple of them came to browse, but didn't stay. I guess I have to assume they aren't really serious about prepping, since where I found them is more about arguing than prepping.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:41 pm

Autumn-5 We'll be doing this shortly...
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:44 am

TRex2 wrote:...
On the topic of new members, I have invited a few. A couple of them came to browse, but didn't stay. I guess I have to assume they aren't really serious about prepping, since where I found them is more about arguing than prepping.
Maybe arguing isn't quite the right word, since I have had multiple posts deleted there, for arguing Laughing

But the rules over there is no allowance of politics into the discussion, even if discussing economic collapse brought on by political policies, and no discussion of group or village preparedness (since they call it "self sufficiency and preparedness").

Oh, yes, and no discussion of moderator actions or even the rules is allowed. They make the rules, we have to follow them. I can understand their point, in a way, but it doesn't allow for growth of ideas, just recycling old ones, which leads to the secondary problem of a lot of not very rounded individuals discussing ideas. (Not many people there, that I think would make a positive contribution here.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:58 am

I've added NEW winter emoticons. You can find them under 'Seasons' in the drop down menu when you click on the smiley face button.

Winter Cold-1 Winter Cold-2 Winter Cold-3 Winter Cold-4 Winter Cold-5 Winter Cold-6 Winter Cold-7 Winter Cold-8 Winter Cold-9 Winter Play-1 Winter Play-2 Winter Play-3 Winter Play-4 Winter Shoveling-1 Winter Shoveling-2 Winter Shoveling-3 Snowball Fight-1 Snowball Fight-3

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:52 pm

Awh, those look pretty, just in time, we had a couple inches of snow today, along with high winds and no power for 6 hours. Just got to love winter. Winter Play-4 Thanks ReadyMom, here's to ya Snowball Fight-3

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:36 pm

You're welcome. They were the best I could find, so far. I didn't forget you! NO snow here Very Happy . Just VERY high winds. It's still pretty gusty out, but not as bad as earlier. Didn't hear any trees fall, in the woods behind us. Snowball Fight-1

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:52 am

Started a new forum in the Prep Guidelines section: Storage Ideas

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:16 pm

Tree-Colored YAY!
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:23 am

Updates on Building EHP Discussion Forum ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fclipartion.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F11%2Fthe-way-of-wisdom  NEW FORUM:

Don't know why I hadn't thought of it before, but here it is now: DIY (Do It Yourself) )

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:13 pm

Bow Down Thank You-Kiss Bow Down

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:53 am

We've got a LOT of Corona Virus news. It's time to split the posts into separate threads, to keep it all organized and easy to find/track. I've separated old posts (in our original thread) and put them into new ones. Please try to keep your posts separated into these new threads:

In the Global News Forum:
Viral Pneumonia in China
Corona Virus 2019-Spread & CFR, R0 Details & Discussion

In the National News Forum:
Corona Virus 2019-USA-News & Discussion -- (NOT CASES)
Corona Virus 2019-USA Cases

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:08 am

I've started a corner of the forum for ALL of YOU in the 'Chit-Chat' forum. It's called 'My Little Space' and it's a place where you can start your own individual pages to blog your thoughts, share or whatever. Just keep it 'family friendly', clean.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:22 am

ReadyMom wrote:I've started a corner of the forum for ALL of YOU in the 'Chit-Chat' forum.  It's called 'My Little Space' and it's a place where you can start your own individual pages to blog your thoughts, share or whatever. Just keep it 'family friendly', clean.

Good idea. Squeeky clean ReadyMom Cleaning

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:49 pm

rick1 wrote:
ReadyMom wrote:I've started a corner of the forum for ALL of YOU in the 'Chit-Chat' forum.  It's called 'My Little Space' and it's a place where you can start your own individual pages to blog your thoughts, share or whatever. Just keep it 'family friendly', clean.

Good idea. Squeeky clean ReadyMom Cleaning
Thanks.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:10 am

I'm going to be doing some 'housekeeping' on the Corona Virus ("nCov") threads. We need to break topics down a bit, again.  In the Global & National News forums, I'm  setting up a separate 'sticky' forum for nCov threads, to put it all in one spot, since this is now a GLOBAL situation.  They will be at the TOP of each section for quick access. I'll be Including: (If you want any other topic broken out, let me know!)

Discussion & News: China (NOT Spread Controversy)
Discussion: Spread Controversy in China
Discussion & News: USA (Includes CDC Updates)
Discussion & News: Global

Case Counts-: China
Case Counts: USA
Case Counts: Global

Spread & CFR, R0-Details & Discussion

Press Conferences & Press Updates-WHO.

Press Conferences & Press Updates-WHO.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:36 pm

Sounds good to me, except that I don't understand much of this human thing called "controversy." To me it is all virus, science, facts and math. The science, facts and math are either correct or incorrect. The virus will tell us if we are correct, or not.

That is half joke, and half not.
http://joyfulpublicspeaking.blogspot.com/2019/10/are-we-headed-for-parody-inversion-or.html

I am just saying you might have to watch my posts to make sure I don't put them in the wrong thread. Let me know if I am screwing up.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:43 pm

TRex2 wrote:Sounds good to me, except that I don't understand much of this human thing called "controversy." To me it is all virus, science, facts and math. The science, facts and math are either correct or incorrect. The virus will tell us if we are correct, or not.

That is half joke, and half not.
http://joyfulpublicspeaking.blogspot.com/2019/10/are-we-headed-for-parody-inversion-or.html

I am just saying you might have to watch my posts to make sure I don't put them in the wrong thread. Let me know if I am screwing up.

No worries ... it's ALL confusing. News? or Half-truths? China's not making it easy.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:32 pm

Started a NEW thread for the nCov China News because we're obviously in this for the long haul and original opening thread is going to get REAL long. We can keep the threads going monthly:

Discussion & News: China----(February 2019)

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:43 am

I've changed the settings on EHP so that anyone who wants to access the forum needs to register & log in now. I have noticed that there are a lot of folks who visit, but don't actually register. When I visit other forums, they seem to be set up the same, so let's see how this goes.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:13 am

Started a new thread in the CoVid19 Forum for videos. Pulled all the CoVid19 videos already posted and put them there, as well.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:37 am

The CoVid virus is continuing to spread internationally, so I'm beginning to divide the global cases into their own threads by country.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:59 pm

ReadyMom wrote:The CoVid virus is continuing to spread internationally, so I'm beginning to divide the global cases into their own threads by country.

You're always on top of things ReadyMom, wish I could think as fast as you. Happy Clap

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:48 pm

ReadyMom wrote:The CoVid virus is continuing to spread internationally, so I'm beginning to divide the global cases into their own threads by country.
You will be tracking the Reported Cases by country, and I will do mathematical modeling by region. This should give us lower and upper limits of how bad the situation really is. (My mathematical models are usually a bit on the "worse than average" probability.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:51 pm

Welp ... now that we're in a new phase with the CoVid 19 virus, that is starting a path in the US, I've made another change to the CoVid forum. There is now a 'Global' section and a 'United State' section for all the cases. We're going to need to break out the USA cases state-by-state to monitor more easily.

Hope this doesn't get you too confused. -rm

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:09 pm

I've been housekeeping again .... both here, and my own house ... getting more ready for this CoVid 19 outbreak. Trying to keep up with new that is fast & furious.

I've tried to clean up the CoVid 19 forum. All Cases & News are now combined into a single topic for EACH COUNTRY. Bouncing between a topic for news and another for cases was driving me crazy. Any Global news that is not specific for a single country can go in the Misc. thread for Global news & cases.

Same for the USA, we will continue to have single threads for individual state's cases & news, and a thread for overall/general USA news.

I'm also going to start posting more CoVid 19 specific information: Prep supplies needed, treatments, etc. Please share if you find that kind of info.

Hoping this helps, especially as others visit looking for help & info. -rm

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:44 pm

Too much news and too little time = I'm going to just be posting headlines & links for STATES now.

I'll also be concentrating on the USA, now that its on our shores. Unless something significant pops up in a country.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next