dmwalsh568
TRex2
rick1
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Financial Crisis-2022 Empty Re: Financial Crisis-2022

Post by rick1 Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:19 pm

Inflation expected to rise through 2023.

I just paid our electric bill, KWH prices went up 15%. Hang on to your pennies, 'cause corn pop is taking you paper money:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/economy/business-economists-expect-high-inflation-through-2023

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:06 pm

My electric prices are pretty good, but my "city gas" rate went up about 50% over the past 3 years. (Most of it was recent hikes, but i can't find the older bills, right now.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:13 am

TRex, on my electric bill, it wasn't the electric rate that went up, it was the distribution charge.

7% inflation, highest in 40 years, June 1982, save your pennies, that's if you have any left once joe crow is finished with ya:

https://www.newsmax.com/finance/streettalk/inflation-cpi/2022/01/12/id/1052050/?ns_mail_uid=ed113837-94a1-4b8d-8fab-a7f206fd5031&ns_mail_job=DM292349_01122022&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010504qp8l0g

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:33 pm

rick1 wrote:TRex, on my electric bill, it wasn't the electric rate that went up, it was the distribution charge.

7% inflation, highest in 40 years, June 1982, save your pennies, that's if you have any left once joe crow is finished with ya:

https://www.newsmax.com/finance/streettalk/inflation-cpi/2022/01/12/id/1052050/?ns_mail_uid=ed113837-94a1-4b8d-8fab-a7f206fd5031&ns_mail_job=DM292349_01122022&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010504qp8l0g

Forgot to add that the wholesale price index is now at 9.6% for December, so you know what that means, higher inflation.

Back to top Go down

Financial Crisis-2022 Empty Financial Crisis-2022

Post by rick1 Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:29 am

An article from November 2021 on how this administration wants more then just taxes from your IRA, just like Argentina did:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/individual-retirement-account-biden-democrats-spending-plan

The inflation rate (January) rose by .5%, up to 7.5% and is expected to rise though out the year:

https://www.coindesk.com/markets/2022/02/10/us-inflation-hits-new-4-decade-high-of-75-in-january/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:46 pm

And, on a longer term note:
Ukraine supplies industrial gases, notably neon.

If you can ignore the engineering language in the following, you will see that, several months from now, the impact of interrupting production of neon will dramatically increase the cost of everything connected to the Internet (including automobiles).
https://www.emsnow.com/ukrainian-russian-conflict-affects-semiconductor-gas-supply-and-may-cause-rise-in-chip-production-costs-says-trendforce/
TrendForce research shows, in terms of foundries, global production capacity at the 180~1Xnm nodes accounts for approximately 75% of total capacity. Except for TSMC and Samsung, who provide advanced EUV processes, for most fabs, the proportion of revenue attributed to the 180~1Xnm nodes exceeds 90%. In addition, the manufacturing processes of components in extreme short supply since 2020, including PMIC, Wi-Fi, RFIC, and MCU all fall within the 180~1Xnm node range. In terms of DRAM, in addition to Micron, Korean manufacturers are gradually increasing the proportion of 1alpha nm nodes (using the EUV process) but more than 90% of production capacity still employs the DUV process. In addition, all NAND Flash capacity utilizes DUV lithography technology.

TRex2

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:00 am

In the last three days, gas here at home has gone up 10 cents a day, for the last 3 days. Gas now is $4.049/gallon for the cheap stuff.

I would like to thank Thank You-Kiss  joe crow 2.0 for releasing a couple of million barrels of oil from our national reserve to help the American people.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:00 am

I think I see the /sarcasm in the above post.

In case anyone doesn't, releasing oil from our strategic reserve doesn't help us, it weakens us. It is like pretending you got a raise, because you are bleeding money out of your emergency savings account.

Don't think Warren or Pelosi has our best interest, or the Ukrainian people's best interest in mind, either. Both are now calling for us to stop buying Putin's oil, but their real reason is the elections coming up.

If they really had our best interest at heart, they would be telling us to produce more oil, gas, diesel coal and steel, right here in the USA.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:55 pm

Yes TRex, it is sarcasm. But what my son in law said about the price of heating oil wasn't.

The price of heating oil in our area went from 3.39/gallon to 4.29/gallon in 5 days, now that's a heck of a price increase. AND what he said about joe crow 2.0, well, lets just say that this is a family forum and I won't repeat it here.

But, he did thank me for talking him into putting in a coal/oil combination furnace when they built their house 18 years ago. He has now switched over to burning coal.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:21 am

These stickers are all over the gas pumps in my area, just got to laugh about it.

https://www.conservative-politics.com/trump/joe-biden-i-did-that-protest-exploding-nationwide/

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:45 pm

rick1 wrote:These stickers are all over the gas pumps in my area, just got to laugh about it.

https://www.conservative-politics.com/trump/joe-biden-i-did-that-protest-exploding-nationwide/
https://dcweekly.org/2022/03/04/i-did-that-alabama-gas-station-manager-says-he-is-removing-five-or-six-joe-biden-stickers-from-his-pumps-every-day-video/
Beginning shortly after Biden took office, “I did that” stickers bearing his likeness have been popping up on gas pumps and at grocery stores all across the nation in response to the rising price of just about everything.

However, the Biden Regime would like Americans to believe that the skyrocketing gas price is solely because of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine – which is complete nonsense.
They try to explain why they are defacing the stickers.
Perry Cagle, the assistant manager of an Exxon Mobile in Athens, Alabama, spoke with WAAY31 and explained that the satirical stickers are constantly appearing on his pumps – more now, than ever.

Now, with the current spike in gas prices, he is removing at least “5 or 6” of them per day.

Alabama gas station manager says he has to remove up to 6 Joe Biden “I did that” stickers from his gas pumps per day. pic.twitter.com/5OwI6Qrbiu

— Chet Lemond (@ChetLemond) March 4, 2022

According to Cagle, the stickers have caused a couple of people to “complain,” but his main concern is Exxon Corporate, which conducts spot checks and will deduct “points” from the individual stores for code violations, such as non-approved stickers on the pumps.
Well, we can already see that Exxon is a woke corporation, which doesn't matter much to me, as I have been on a [practical] boycott of Exxon for a couple decades. The corporation is simply more criminal that the average corporation (most major corporations are amoral, at best).

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:58 pm

Always carry a little cash. Maybe a lot.
Woman who does this youtube channel had to make a quick trip to the ATM, at her bank. Don't take everything she says literally, as she is highly annoyed at the inconvenience (and extra expense for the Uber, since she doesn't drive, due to disability).

Without Limits Missouri Prepper
https://youtu.be/bB0MTZsB_bw
This is NOT meant to be a fear tactic just a warning!! It's a simple example that $$ in the bank is not always the safest. Could not use my debit card to get purchases at my local Kansas City Walmart tonight, due to their entire online card system was down. Meaning you had to use "cash only" to make purchases. This is not the first time this year this system failure has happened and it seems to happen more than it should. What is the reason? Maybe its banks covering thier own butts to make sure of fraud issues due to tax season and many more people are out spending larger amounts??? Maybe its gonna lead to a sign to come here shortly in the future. Never trust/depend on any electronic system to think that you can use a plastic card at any time to gain access to your funds. Lesson learned. - ALWAYS have cash on you in some form. IF it had been banks offline then you could not get what you need.

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:13 am

TRex2 wrote:Always carry a little cash. Maybe a lot.
Woman who does this youtube channel had to make a quick trip to the ATM, at her bank. Don't take everything she says literally, as she is highly annoyed at the inconvenience (and extra expense for the Uber, since she doesn't drive, due to disability).

Without Limits Missouri Prepper
https://youtu.be/bB0MTZsB_bw
This is NOT meant to be a  fear tactic  just a warning!! It's a simple example that $$ in the bank is not always the safest. Could not use my debit card to get  purchases at my local Kansas City  Walmart tonight, due to their entire online card system was down. Meaning you had to use "cash only" to make purchases. This is not the first time this year this system failure has happened and it seems to happen more than it should. What is the reason?  Maybe its banks covering thier own butts to make sure of fraud  issues due to tax season and many more people are out spending larger amounts??? Maybe its gonna lead to a sign to come here shortly in the future. Never trust/depend on any electronic system to  think that you can use a plastic card at any time to gain access to your funds. Lesson learned. - ALWAYS have cash on you in some form. IF it had been banks offline then you could not get what you need.

I always have a bit extra in my wallet in case SHTF and people haven't figured out that cash is soon to be worthless.....

In normal times (whatever that means these days), if I know I'm out buying stuff, I'll make sure I have enough cash on hand for those purchases, but will always use the credit card for the points if the system is working. If not, then out comes the cash so I can get what I need.

That said, I expect that any disruptions to payment systems are more than likely cyberattacks these days rather than IT goofs. Cool

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Financial Crisis-2022 Empty Financial Crisis-2022-2

Post by rick1 Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:40 am

UHAAAAA, inflation, new inflation rate for February is 7.9%, and going to get worse:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/consumer-price-inflation-keep-climbing

All the analysist's, this morning, on the FOX business network (Maria Bartiromo show) are predicting a recession by the end of 2022 and inflation rate of 15.5% plus, hope they are wrong about that, but maybe not.

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon May 02, 2022 1:41 pm

The Fed is a day late and a dollar short.

The Fed plan on raising rates at each of their meetings this year, .50% at each meeting to curb inflation. The recession is coming:

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/federal-reserve/2022/05/02/id/1068090/?ns_mail_uid=ed113837-94a1-4b8d-8fab-a7f206fd5031&ns_mail_job=DM328747_05022022&s=acs&dkt_nbr=0101024n5d6e

TRex2 and Violet like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed May 04, 2022 3:31 am

rick1 wrote:The Fed is a day late and a dollar short.

The Fed plan on raising rates at each of their meetings this year, .50% at each meeting to curb inflation. The recession is coming:
The whole picture, at the top (fed, gov, etc) is backwards and upside down.
As one economist (Mish Shedlock) put it: "The fed has never gotten it right."

We know two things:
1. There will be massive inflation, in the near future.
2. The course the fed is planning will result in recession.

The only question is: will we have both at the same time, as we did in 1978-1981.
(give or take a year or two, on those dates)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed May 04, 2022 10:01 am

TRex2 wrote:
rick1 wrote:The Fed is a day late and a dollar short.

The whole picture, at the top (fed, gov, etc) is backwards and upside down.
As one economist (Mish Shedlock) put it: "The fed has never gotten it right."

We know two things:
1. There will be massive inflation, in the near future.
2. The course the fed is planning will result in recession.

The only question is: will we have both at the same time, as we did in 1978-1981.
(give or take a year or two, on those dates)

Just my 2 cents - we will have both inflation and recession at the same time, it will be worse then '78/'81, but you know who says our economy is booming, that's why he wants to pay for the college tuition, which will only increase inflation.

Diesel fuel has gone from $2.98/gallon last March to $6.39/gallon yesterday in my area. Everything in the country ends up being delivered by truckers, food prices have already gone up as high as 50%, look forward to prices increasing more then 100% over the next 6 to 12 months.

Forget about heating your house with gas, oil, electric next year, 'cause you won't be able to afford it, unless you're a millionaire.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu May 05, 2022 9:44 am

Well, the Fed raised the rates again yesterday, .50%, only going to get worse.

Yesterday I posted that diesel fuel was $6.39/gallon, well that changed over night, it's now $6.49/gallon.

Gas is now $4.49/gallon, heating oil is now $4.80/gallon and hard coal is now $280.00/ton, last week it was $240.00/ton.

Better start taking a walk around the parking lots to pick up the pennies that people dropped and don't forget to check the parking meter change area, 'cause your going to need it, every penny helps. Laughing

The dementia clown, joe crow 2.0 is making good on his promise to destroy the fossil fuel industry and destroying the American way of life. And don't forget to pay your taxes, they need the extra money to transport all the illegal's and lets not forget their free cell phones, health care, schooling, etc.. So sad to see what this clown is doing to us. Sad Blinking

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu May 05, 2022 3:34 pm

rick1 wrote:Just my 2 cents - we will have both inflation and recession at the same time, it will be worse then '78/'81, but you know who says our economy is booming, that's why he wants to pay for the college tuition, which will only increase inflation.

Diesel fuel has gone from $2.98/gallon last March to $6.39/gallon yesterday in my area. Everything in the country ends up being delivered by truckers, food prices have already gone up as high as 50%, look forward to prices increasing more then 100% over the next 6 to 12 months.

Forget about heating your house with gas, oil, electric next year, 'cause you won't be able to afford it, unless you're a millionaire.
While I do think it could easily be worse than '78/'81, I don't think it will make 100% price rise in the next 12 months, simply because people won't have enough money to pay that much for things.

Most of us that see it coming will be ok, but we need to pray that God will have mercy on those who don't see it.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat May 07, 2022 4:13 am

Deutsche bank warns, U.S. economy on brink of 'major recession':

https://sports.yahoo.com/us-economy-brink-apos-major-173036526.html

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun May 08, 2022 5:45 am

Because of a posting, yesterday, by Blondie, I looked into something I had neglected for a few months: foreclosures.

I don't have all of the data on them, yet, but found that, in both 2020 and 2021, for most of those years, there were suspensions or moratoriums on foreclosures. That isn't news to those of us who were paying attention, but we might not know the numbers. The suspension was initially for 60 days (remember when people thought we would be through this by summer?), and initially protected 65% of the market.
https://www.andrewthehomebuyer.com/foreclosure-statistics/

I don't have numbers for how many were protected, in the long run.

As the moratoriums were removed, many markets were affected, although unevenly.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-foreclosure-activity-february-2022-050100990.html
Overall Foreclosure Activity Up 11 Percent from January; Foreclosure Starts Grew 40 Percent Month-Over-Month

IRVINE, Calif., March 10, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- ATTOM, licensor of the nation's most comprehensive foreclosure data and parent company to RealtyTrac (www.realtytrac.com), the largest online marketplace for foreclosure and distressed properties, today released its February 2022 U.S. Foreclosure Market Report, which shows there were a total of 25,833 U.S. properties with foreclosure filings — default notices, scheduled auctions or bank repossessions — up 11 percent from a month ago and 129 percent from a year ago.
"February foreclosure activity looks a lot like what we can expect to see for at least the next six months – double digit month-over-month growth, and triple digit year-over-year increases," said Rick Sharga, executive vice president at RealtyTrac, an ATTOM company. "This isn't an indication of economic turmoil, or of weakness in the housing market; it's simply the gradual return to normal levels of foreclosure activity after two years of artificially low numbers due to government and industry efforts to protect financially-impacted homeowners from defaulting."

Foreclosure completion numbers decline from last month
Lenders repossessed 2,634 U.S. properties through completed foreclosures (REOs) in February 2022, down 45 percent from last month but up 70 percent from last year.

I am still missing data from last year. Most importantly, the last calendar quarter, of last year.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu May 12, 2022 9:04 am

Wholesale prices (PPI) at 11% for April, inflation rate at 8.3%, joe crow 2.0 is doing a heck of a job for the ordinary U.S. citizen while sending $33 billion dollars to Ukraine:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/wholesale-inflation-rose-11-25-in-april-as-producer-prices-keep-accelerating/ar-AAXbX6w

Some financial analysis on TV (MSNBC) yesterday said, you ain't seen nothing yet, just wait from now until X-Mas and you'll think, do I freeze in winter, do I buy my prescription or do I eat.

Dave58 and Violet like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu May 12, 2022 11:48 am

Ya think you're paying too much for gas, diesel, heating oil or the over 6,000 products that contain oil.

Well, read it a weep. This clown is destroying America and its citizens one executive order at a time. Even most demonrats are sorry they voted for him, you reap what you sow:

https://www.djournal.com/news/national/biden-administration-cancels-new-oil-leases-as-gas-prices-hit-record-highs/article_e9f00074-27cf-5f85-a215-4ff23611f156.html

Violet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed May 18, 2022 9:59 am

Want a shooting war here in the good old USA, if this happens, there may be a shooting war:

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/gas-prices-usa-inflation-joe-biden/2022/05/17/id/1070265/?ns_mail_job=DM332504_05172022

Now read this one on diesel fuel prices and shortages:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/truckers-concerned-over-possibility-of-diesel-fuel-shortage/ar-AAXcqO2

Now, lets look at natural gas, prices and shortages:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/natural-gas-price-prediction-prices-183509449.html

People will have problems buying all types of items, as prices will skyrocket out of control. And lets not forget about heating your house next winter.

Buy a wood burner and start cutting down some trees or you'll be broke and/or awfull cold this coming winter.

BUT, OLD JOE CROW 2.0 WILL BE NICE AND WARM THIS WINTER, ON YOUR DIME.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed May 18, 2022 6:39 pm

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed May 18, 2022 7:38 pm

Dave, last week, ours jumped 5 cents a day for 5 days, .30 for the week.

People better wake up and start to buy up stuff now, and if they're real smart, they'll plant a garden, no matter how big it is.

We're planting xtra this year, on everything. I never did good with carrots, but I'm still going to plant some.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu May 19, 2022 7:05 pm

rick1 wrote:...
Now read this one on diesel fuel prices and shortages:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/truckers-concerned-over-possibility-of-diesel-fuel-shortage/ar-AAXcqO2
I actually feel like I "lost intelligence points" for reading this article.
"To me, I think it's wrong the way they're doing things. The government needs to step in, truck association needs to do something about this," said Jerrell Herring, a truck driver. "I understand that we're in a COVID situation and all that, but at the same token, they have to come up with some kind of solution to the solve this problem so we can move on in America,"
I actually stopped and read the date: Covid situation? Balderdash. Excuses.
Git on wit life!
"To me, I think it's wrong the way they're doing things. The government needs to step in, truck association needs to do something about this," said Jerrell Herring, a truck driver. "I understand that we're in a COVID situation and all that, but at the same token, they have to come up with some kind of solution to the solve this problem so we can move on in America,"
He wants who and what to step in?!?!
The government created this, and the "trucker association"? well the first one I looked up that fit that name didn't even have current statistics. You can't fix something if you don't know it exists, and I suspect they aren't concerned, because this will simply force out the independents.

The government could, maybe, do something to deal with the anti-competitive and monopoly tactics of places like WalMart, but I am guessing they are being paid big bucks by places like WalMart, to not do anything.

TRex2

Drinkthekoolaid likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu May 19, 2022 7:09 pm

I don't think it will hit anywhere near $10 in the midwest, simply because it can't rise if no one can afford to buy it. I think it will stall around $5 this year, and next year, it might get into the $6 to $7 a gallon range. Meanwhile we are pumping a lot of money into the pockets of our enemies.

EDIT TO ADD (in case we don't remember, next time we read this): this post is talking about regular unleaded gasoline with 10% alcohol. Not diesel. Diesel is expected to be 1 to 2 dollars per gallon, higher.

Last edited by TRex2 on Sat May 21, 2022 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

TRex2

Drinkthekoolaid likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Fri May 20, 2022 8:44 am

I saw regular gas this morning for 4.91 and diesel for 6.39.

Not good at all. Still steadily rising.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri May 20, 2022 12:53 pm

Reg. gas 4.99 and diesel is 6.99 here

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri May 20, 2022 2:44 pm

Dave58 wrote:Reg. gas 4.99 and diesel is 6.99 here

You're the big winner so far Dave, you get a year's supply of corn pop's favorite ice cream.

P.S. You'll have to go to D.C. and see him to collect your winnings. Laugh Animated

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri May 20, 2022 7:06 pm

Natural gas prices soar to a 14 year high. By looking at the chart, it looks like it's gone up 400% between 2020 and 2022.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/natural-gas-price-14-year-high/

Electric distribution prices expected to increase anywhere from 6% to 45% beginning June 1st.

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat May 21, 2022 7:50 am

Last edited by rick1 on Sat May 21, 2022 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add video)

Violet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Sat May 21, 2022 9:29 am

It's really bad.

I think we're witnessing a slow motion economic collapse.

Wait until the high gas prices leading to additional inflation causes people to start defaulting on their mortgages they all just bought.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat May 21, 2022 9:36 am

rick1 wrote:A couple of good articles that reflect on what's in the cards:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/recession-signs-inflation-rate-hikes

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/ex-goldman-ceo-recession-very-high-risk

Listen to this farmer being interviewed by Jessie Waters, it's scary:

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6306560379112#sp=show-clips

I had bought quite a bit of meat that was on sale this morning and a young lady commented that it looked I was getting ready for a party.. I told her that diesel was over $7.00 a gallon on both coast and if their trucks held 600 gal. it cost them $4200.00 just to fill the tanks it won't be long before they had to park the trucks.. She told me that our government would not let them do that because they had to deliver the food to the store.....

Sad Blinking I am really loosing faith in the young folks today

Dave58

rick1 and Violet like this post

Back to top Go down

Financial Crisis-2022 Empty Financial Crisis-2022-4

Post by rick1 Sat May 21, 2022 9:59 am

Dave58 wrote:
rick1 wrote:A couple of good articles that reflect on what's in the cards:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/recession-signs-inflation-rate-hikes

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/ex-goldman-ceo-recession-very-high-risk

Listen to this farmer being interviewed by Jessie Waters, it's scary:

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6306560379112#sp=show-clips

I had bought quite a bit of meat that was on sale this morning and a young lady commented that it looked I was getting ready for a party.. I told her that diesel was over $7.00 a gallon on both coast and if their trucks held 600 gal. it cost them $4200.00 just to fill the tanks it won't be long before they had to park the trucks.. She told me that our government would not let them do that because they had to deliver the food to the store.....

Sad Blinking  I am really loosing faith in the young folks today

My son in law's twin brother is an independent trucker, but has a contract with a trucking company back home here. That company just laid off 55 independent truckers, can't afford the diesel any longer.

His brother said this is just the beginning and he's better off signing up and getting food stamps.

The company told the truckers, more lay offs are on the way and they blame nobody except this administration, as they want to destroy the U.S. to the point that you're totally dependent on the government and nobody else.

Some how, I'm starting to believe that.

Buy some chickens, raise a big garden, get a few cows, pigs or goats. Get a wood burner, cut firewood. 'Cause you will need them in the future. Learn the lessons from the great depression, you're going to need that knowledge.

You're 401K is now a 301K, the dollar will be fall even further.

Last edited by rick1 on Sat May 21, 2022 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add 401k)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat May 21, 2022 3:21 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:It's really bad.

I think we're witnessing a slow motion economic collapse.

Wait until the high gas prices leading to additional inflation causes people to start defaulting on their mortgages they all just bought.
I believe you are right about slow motion collapse, but right now, there are only half as many subprime mortgages, as there were, back in 2008. This means the collapse will be even slower than last time. The 2008 collapse took over a year, this one might take over two years.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat May 21, 2022 3:24 pm

Dave58 wrote:I had bought quite a bit of meat that was on sale this morning and a young lady commented that it looked I was getting ready for a party.. I told her that diesel was over $7.00 a gallon on both coast and if their trucks held 600 gal. it cost them $4200.00 just to fill the tanks it won't be long before they had to park the trucks.. She told me that our government would not let them do that because they had to deliver the food to the store.....

Sad Blinking  I am really loosing faith in the young folks today
Just out of curiosity: was this "young lady" another customer (bad enough) or was she a store employee (even worse)?

Just as a tangent to this:
https://thefederalist.com/2022/04/12/while-everyone-else-is-kicking-themselves-for-voting-for-biden-college-educated-women-are-doubling-down/ . (Apr 12, 2022)
While Everyone Else Is Kicking Themselves For Voting For Biden, College-Educated Women Are Doubling Down

https://www.newsweek.com/most-white-women-no-college-degree-say-biden-did-not-legitimately-beat-trump-poll-1651617 . (Nov 20,2021)
A new poll found that most white women without a college degree think that President Joe Biden didn't "legitimately" win the 2020 election over Donald Trump.

The Economist/YouGov poll, which was conducted between November 14 and November 16, asked respondents whether Biden "legitimately won the election, or not?"

Of the 1,500 Americans surveyed for that study, 51 percent of white women who don't have college degrees said that Biden didn't legitimately defeat Trump in 2020, while 29 percent of white women with college degrees shared the same response.

Last edited by TRex2 on Sat May 21, 2022 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding links to tangental information)

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat May 21, 2022 3:46 pm

The young lady was a customer.... There were a lot of other people buying large quantities also.. I just happen to be the closest person....

A couple of weeks ago I did have a employee tell me they didn't understand why people bought in bulk because they would always have plenty of food... Huh?Sign

Dave58

Violet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat May 21, 2022 8:38 pm

Dave58 wrote:The young lady was a customer.... There were a lot of other people buying large quantities also.. I just happen to be the closest person....
A couple of weeks ago I did have a employee tell me they didn't understand why people bought in bulk because they would always have plenty of food... Huh?Sign
There are a lot of people who may suddenly get a rude awakening. I just don't know if it will be next year, or the year after.

I would think the baby food shortage would wake people up, but they just had a former FDA administrator on Fox News telling us that there is no shortage Sad Truth is, however, he was simply playing political pundit. The general public, as well as the government, are truly messed up.

I don't think the trucks will completely stop, but I am worried the independent grocers, who do not have their own trucks, will not get deliveries, or they will become so expensive they can't get their customers to buy them, causing a further concentration of our supply channels into a very few mega corporations.

TRex2

rick1, Dave58 and Violet like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu May 26, 2022 3:21 pm

Larry Kudlow rips joe crow 2.0's new green deal and climate agenda and he's right:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/kudlow-bidens-woke-climate-agenda-economy-permanent-recession

Violet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:30 am

joe crow 2.0, the head clown in D.C., stated he would not interfere with the federal reserve, but yet met with them behind closed doors, what was said, what will happen, nobody knows. White House staffers (all african americans, about 21 of them) are leaving silently, it is now only being reported.

joe crow 2.0 is one of the most racist people in office, a high ranking member of the KKK, (Senator Byrd) was his best friend:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/black-staffers-leaving-white-house-in-blaxit-politico-reports

Here's Larry Kudlow's look at the upcoming recession:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/kudlow-biden-knows-economy-moving-toward-recession

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:08 am

Jamie Dimon warns of an economic hurricane coming, "brace yourself":

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/jamie-dimon-warns-economic-hurricane-fed-races-cool-inflation

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:49 pm

rick1 wrote:Jamie Dimon warns of an economic hurricane coming, "brace yourself":
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/jamie-dimon-warns-economic-hurricane-fed-races-cool-inflation
People have now been warned.
Anyone, unless they were impoverished before, that get caught flat footed, will have themselves to blame.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:10 am

Gas here just hit $5.00/gallon, people are in an uproar here, I just smile and put the gas in the tank.

The majority of people around here that are in an uproar are or maybe I should say were joe crow 2.0 supporters, but no more.

This article says there has been 10 trillion dollars in wealth lost so far from the head clowns decisions on economics:

https://www.newsmax.com/finance/georgementz/wealth-retirement-savings-inflation-deficit/2022/06/06/id/1073053/?ns_mail_uid=ed113837-94a1-4b8d-8fab-a7f206fd5031&ns_mail_job=DM341099_06062022&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010502i7lszm

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:29 pm

rick1 wrote:Gas here just hit $5.00/gallon, people are in an uproar here, I just smile and put the gas in the tank.

The majority of people around here that are in an uproar are or maybe I should say were joe crow 2.0 supporters, but no more.

This article says there has been 10 trillion dollars in wealth lost so far from the head clowns decisions on economics:

https://www.newsmax.com/finance/georgementz/wealth-retirement-savings-inflation-deficit/2022/06/06/id/1073053/?ns_mail_uid=ed113837-94a1-4b8d-8fab-a7f206fd5031&ns_mail_job=DM341099_06062022&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010502i7lszm

Gas 30 miles from here is $5.50 Diesel is $6.99.. I have 10 gal of last years gas to trade out then everything is fresh and filled I run the old gas in the mowers and tillers and it does fine.... When the trucks quit running food to the grocery stores people will loose their minds

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:30 am

Filled up yesterday morning at $4.93/gal. When I drove by in the afternoon it was at $4.97. Official average for MA as of this morning is $5.00/gal

Unfortunately there is no end in sight given the still strong demand for gasoline and the oil markets losing Russian oil due to continued war in Ukraine and western energy sanctions. While there is some talk of more production from OPEC, I doubt it will do much to impact oil prices. So I just grin and bear it, happy that my 10 yo hybrid Camry is still averaging over 38mpg....and I work less than 6 miles from home.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:44 am

dmwalsh568 wrote:Filled up yesterday morning at $4.93/gal. When I drove by in the afternoon it was at $4.97. Official average for MA as of this morning is $5.00/gal

Unfortunately there is no end in sight given the still strong demand for gasoline and the oil markets losing Russian oil due to continued war in Ukraine and western energy sanctions. While there is some talk of more production from OPEC, I doubt it will do much to impact oil prices. So I just grin and bear it, happy that my 10 yo hybrid Camry is still averaging over 38mpg....and I work less than 6 miles from home.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/18/president-biden-is-at-fault-for-high-gas-prices-not-putin/

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:54 pm

Natural gas future prices soar as supply cuts hit.

Heating oil in my area is now $5.149/gallon, people aren't going to afford that.

Man oh man, old joe crow 2.0 is really putting all of us through the ringer, just look at the future natural gas chart for the winter of 2022/2023, people are going to freeze. And it has already gone up 150% since he got into office.

https://www.naturalgasintel.com/natural-gas-futures-soar-as-supply-cuts-hit-as-heat-builds-10-gas-possible-in-fairly-near-future/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:35 pm

rick1 wrote:Natural gas future prices soar as supply cuts hit.

Heating oil in my area is now $5.149/gallon, people aren't going to afford that.

Man oh man, old joe crow 2.0 is really putting all of us through the ringer, just look at the future natural gas chart for the winter of 2022/2023, people are going to freeze. And it has already gone up 150% since he got into office.

https://www.naturalgasintel.com/natural-gas-futures-soar-as-supply-cuts-hit-as-heat-builds-10-gas-possible-in-fairly-near-future/
I don't quite see how the numbers in that article work, but natgas went from $2.50 before Biden, to $4 before the war, to $8+ now. That is more than triple, in my book. (And let us not forget, Biden could have prevented all of this, including the war.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next