Dave58
rick1
TRex2
Kevypom
ReadyMom
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Medical-Vaccines, Trials & Other Treatments - Page 3 Empty Re: Medical-Vaccines, Trials & Other Treatments

Post by rick1 Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:13 am

rick1

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Medical-Vaccines, Trials & Other Treatments - Page 3 Empty Re: Medical-Vaccines, Trials & Other Treatments

Post by TRex2 Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:53 am

TRex2 wrote:
ReadyMom wrote:...
(SNIP) ... Speaking earlier at the conference, Marks said that three-month estimates for a coronavirus vaccine to enter human trials may be too aggressive.
There are risks associated with any vaccine, and despite the dangers this virus presents, we don't want to make it worse by using a vaccine that might start it into mutations.

This has been a problem with using flu vaccines in swine and bird populations, the flu simply mutates to get around the vaccine.  
It is almost as if some people want this vaccination program to fail or have harmful after effects. The political authorities are moving to take an already risky vaccine, and change the dosing schedule to make it even more risky.

Everything below is from afludiary:
https://afludiary.blogspot.com/2021/01/fda-statement-on-following-authorized.html
While it is remarkable that any (EUA) COVID vaccine was produced and released in late 2020, the quantity of vaccine available, and the initial roll out, have been less than hoped for even as little as a month ago.
Add in the rapid spread of a variant COVID (B.1.1.7) across the UK (and around the globe) - which has been blamed on a sharp rise in hospitalizations - and there is a strong sentiment to abandon the 2-dose regimen for now, and give as many people one shot as possible.
On December 30th, the UK's CMOs announced their support of the idea, in  Statement from the UK Chief Medical Officers on the prioritisation of first doses of COVID-19 vaccines:
The 4 UK Chief Medical Officers agree with the JCVI that at this stage of the pandemic prioritising the first doses of vaccine for as many people as possible on the priority list will protect the greatest number of at risk people overall in the shortest possible time and will have the greatest impact on reducing mortality, severe disease and hospitalisations and in protecting the NHS and equivalent health services. Operationally this will mean that second doses of both vaccines will be administered towards the end of the recommended vaccine dosing schedule of 12 weeks. This will maximise the number of people getting vaccine and therefore receiving protection in the next 12 weeks.
Not everyone agrees, however. There is little data on the duration of protectiveness from one shot, and concerns that (at least, in theory), a less effective vaccine could help drive the creation of more escape variants down the road.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:50 pm

Category 5 coming on the new strains of coronavirus. Infectious disease expert recommends everyone get at least one shot, as soon as possible:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/michael-osterholm-category-5-hurricane-coronavirus_n_60178a0fc5b63b0fb2823174

rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:31 pm

My daughter, who works in health care, had to get the covid vaccine to keep her job. Well, after she got the shot, her arm swelled up (a bid lump, the size of a soft ball formed on the area where they stuck her with the needle), she got a fever, headache and chills. I guess these are all the normal side affects of the shot.

I'm scheduled to get the shot this Thursday at the VA, hope to survive. Shocked

They call it covid arm:

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cases-covid-arm-following-vaccination-documented-dermatologists

rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:40 am

rick1 wrote:My daughter, who works in health care, had to get the covid vaccine to keep her job. Well, after she got the shot, her arm swelled up (a bid lump, the size of a soft ball formed on the area where they stuck her with the needle), she got a fever, headache and chills. I guess these are all the normal side affects of the shot.

They call it covid arm:

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cases-covid-arm-following-vaccination-documented-dermatologists

Both my parents got the first shot (they are in their 80's) with no problem.. They are sch. to get the second in a week or so..

My wife and I are not going to get ours any time soon just to many unknowns right now..

Good luck Rick Let us know how it goes

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:41 pm

Dave58 wrote:
rick1 wrote:My daughter, who works in health care, had to get the covid vaccine to keep her job. Well, after she got the shot, her arm swelled up (a bid lump, the size of a soft ball formed on the area where they stuck her with the needle), she got a fever, headache and chills. I guess these are all the normal side affects of the shot.

They call it covid arm:

Both my parents got the first shot (they are in their 80's) with no problem.. They are sch. to get the second in a week or so..

My wife and I are not going to get ours any time soon just to many unknowns right now..

Good luck Rick   Let us know how it goes

OK, got my lst shot of Moderna covid vaccine yesterday at 8 a.m. at the VA, get my 2nd shot March 11th.

So far no adverse reaction to the shot, no side effects, etc., so far.

The VA gave me a 5 page summary of the covid shot and below the heading, it stated, "There is no U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved vaccine to prevent covid-19. The Moderna covid-19 vaccine may not protect everyone."

They gave me a certification card, with the date, lot number, who gave the shot, and saying I got the 1st shot and will certify the 2nd shot once I get it. The VA told me to make extra copies. I asked why, they said that they were told that in the near future that if you plan on using any public transportation, international or interstate travel, you will be required to carry the card in order to board a plane, train, bus, etc..

Talk about wanting control of a person life. Shocked

rick1

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:57 pm

rick1 wrote: The VA told me to make extra copies. I asked why, they said that they were told that in the near future that if you plan on using any public transportation, international or interstate travel, you will be required to carry the card in order to board a plane, train, bus, etc..

Shocked I have NO plans to get the vaccine.

ReadyMom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:46 pm

ReadyMom wrote:
rick1 wrote: The VA told me to make extra copies. I asked why, they said that they were told that in the near future that if you plan on using any public transportation, international or interstate travel, you will be required to carry the card in order to board a plane, train, bus, etc..

Shocked   I have NO plans to get the vaccine.

I was the same way ReadyMom, but 2 of our kids got them, they're in the medical field and they did all the research before they got theirs. Unless your allergic to a medication or a certain food item, you should be OK, maybe.

Some people, a handful, have died, days or weeks after they got the shot, but they can't say that the shot caused their death.

rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:01 am

ALERT FOR THE FEMALE SPECIES

Ya like that title?

Well, for the females out there, after getting the covid-19 vaccine, the reaction of the shot could give false symptoms of breast cancer. So, you guys tell your wives about this and check it out:

https://consumer.healthday.com/2-11-reaction-from-covid-vaccine-can-sometimes-mimic-breast-cancer-symptoms-doctors-say-2650404720.html

rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:48 am

OK, the current vaccines for the covid-19 may not be effective for the South African version of covid.

Moderna has developed  another vaccine that's ready for human testing, hopefully, it will take care of this new strain of covid, that is more catchy then the original covid from china.

Man, what's next, having to wear a patch with the vaccine for the rest of our lives;

https://www.wsj.com/articles/moderna-says-covid-19-vaccine-for-south-africa-strain-is-ready-for-human-testing-11614201000

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:43 am

rick1 wrote:OK, the current vaccines for the covid-19 may not be effective for the South African version of covid.

Moderna has developed  another vaccine that's ready for human testing, hopefully, it will take care of this new strain of covid, that is more catchy then the original covid from china.

Man, what's next, having to wear a patch with the vaccine for the rest of our lives;

https://www.wsj.com/articles/moderna-says-covid-19-vaccine-for-south-africa-strain-is-ready-for-human-testing-11614201000

Eat healthy foods, take vitamins get your immune system pumped up...

I just don't trust their vaccine yet

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:29 am

Dave58 wrote:
rick1 wrote:OK, the current vaccines for the covid-19 may not be effective for the South African version of covid.

Agree with you Dave. Hubby & I are at total ends of the spectrum with this and lots of arguments happening in our house, right now.

Admin

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:32 pm

Dave, the older you get the shorter your immune system gets, and vitamins don't do the whole immune system upgrade. Although I do take V-C and V-D.

ReadyMom, it's not worth fighting over a shot. BUT, once the vaccine is out of the emergency issue and totally approved, you'll have to get it. Sleepy Joe has some things he's going to take away from people who refuse to get it, you know, drivers license, license plates, interstate/international travel, etc., these are privileges not rights, according to him.

God save the king.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:44 pm

rick1 wrote:Dave, the older you get the shorter your immune system gets, and vitamins don't do the whole immune system upgrade. Although I do take V-C and V-D.

ReadyMom, it's not worth fighting over a shot. BUT, once the vaccine is out of the emergency issue and totally approved, you'll have to get it. Sleepy Joe has some things he's going to take away from people who refuse to get it, you know, drivers license, license plates, interstate/international travel, etc., these are privileges not rights, according to him.

God save the king.

We take Vitamin A,D,C, Zink, Centrum Silver, Elderberry, B-12 and Turmeric

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:07 pm

Dave58 wrote:
rick1 wrote:Dave, the older you get the shorter your immune system gets, and vitamins don't do the whole immune system upgrade. Although I do take V-C and V-D.

God save the king.

We take Vitamin  A,D,C, Zink, Centrum Silver, Elderberry, B-12 and Turmeric

Holy heck Dave, that's a meal in it self.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:12 pm

rick1 wrote:
Dave58 wrote:

God save the king.

We take Vitamin  A,D,C, Zink, Centrum Silver, Elderberry, B-12 and Turmeric

Holy heck Dave, that's a meal in it self.

Thumbs Up-Wink

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:26 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:44 pm

Dave58 wrote:...
A good idea, no matter what else you do.
ReadyMom wrote:Agree with you Dave. Hubby & I are at total ends of the spectrum with this and lots of arguments happening in our house, right now.
Right now, my opinion is neurtral. The vaccine has a very slight risk, but a lot of people will get the vaccine, the virus has a much greater risk, but fewer people will get the virus.

TRex2

rick1 and Drinkthekoolaid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:51 pm

rick1 wrote:Russia spreading disinformation on the U.S. vaccines:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/07/politics/russian-disinformation-pfizer-vaccines/index.html
CNN is Russian disinformation, so now we have a disinformation channel, reporting on another disinformation channel. Got to love it! Cool
The original source was a Wall Street Journal report, which is reliable.

The story is actually pretty accurate, surprisingly.

(A Quiet Aside for Those Who Understand: The real target, in all of this, is rightwing media. Kinda like rationing gasoline in WW2 so that we wouldn't use so much rubber for our tires.)

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:37 pm

Sorry TRex on the CNN (communist news network) Laugh Animated

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:17 pm

Here's a vaccine you may want to stay away from.

Mexico orders millions of covid vaccines from China:

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2021-03-09/mexico-rely-heavily-chinese-covid-vaccines

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:48 pm

OK, I got my 2nd shot of maderna covid vaccine yesterday, at the VA.

Well, I woke up at about 3 a.m. this morning, covered in sweat, chills, fever, sore arm, etc.. Every side affect you can imagine, I got. I'm feeling a little better now, but man, I thought I had a bad case of the flu or worse. Crying or Very sad

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:11 pm

Sorry to hear that brother.. I hope you get to feeling better

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:17 pm

rick1 wrote:OK, I got my 2nd shot of maderna covid vaccine yesterday, at the VA.

Well, I woke up at about 3 a.m. this morning, covered in sweat, chills, fever, sore arm, etc.. Every side affect you can imagine, I got. I'm feeling a little better now, but man, I thought I had a bad case of the flu or worse. Crying or Very sad
There is a silver lining to those symptoms.
Those symptoms mean your body was busy creating antibodies against the virus.

TRex2

Drinkthekoolaid likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:27 am

Some countries stop use of the covid vaccine AstraZeneca for possibly forming blood clots:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/after-reports-blood-clots-some-countries-pause-use-astrazeneca-covid-n1260888

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:31 am

Hope you feel better soon, Rick.

Husband gets his 2nd shot next week. He's had the virus already, but his doctor recommended the shot, too.

I'm not getting one because I'm not in the age group and because I have a philosophical aversion to it. I've done a ton of research and I'm just not comfortable with it. Also, I've already had the virus, so I have antibodies and am immune, supposedly.

Husband and I have had some serious discussions about it, too. Smile

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:39 pm

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:14 am

1st know baby born in Florida with covid antibodies after mother had covid vaccine:

https://fox59.com/news/coronavirus/doctors-florida-woman-gives-birth-to-1st-known-baby-with-covid-19-antibodies/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:05 pm

rick1 wrote:1st know baby born in Florida with covid antibodies after mother had covid vaccine:

https://fox59.com/news/coronavirus/doctors-florida-woman-gives-birth-to-1st-known-baby-with-covid-19-antibodies/
It is well known that antibodies can transfer, both, through the placenta and though breast milk. The antibodies transferred through the placenta generally give protection for about three months, and the baby begins producing their own immune response after about six months. That leaves the baby largely unprotected, if the mother doesn't nurse the child, from three months until six months.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:38 am

Johnson & Johnson puts a pause on using their vaccine over blood clots:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-johnson-johnson-va-idUSKBN2C01BC

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:24 pm

rick1 wrote:Johnson & Johnson puts a pause on using their vaccine over blood clots:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-johnson-johnson-va-idUSKBN2C01BC

Haven't followed this vax drama much but AZ was paused/banned by some Scandanavian countries for blood clots as well.

Blood clots seem to affect women of child bearing age who may or may not be on the pill. That said, whole lot of conspiracy theories surround Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the vaccines (pre covid) they provided to 3rd world countries.

Seems the birth rate among these same age women dropped dramatically.

Blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:47 pm

Blondie wrote:

Blood clots seem to affect women of child bearing age who may or may not be on the pill.

That's not the only demographic, for women:

Women say they are having heavier and more painful PERIODS since getting their COVID-19 vaccines - as several claim it has also messed up their monthly cycle
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9446907/Some-women-report-heavier-painful-PERIODS-getting-COVID-19-vaccine.html

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:07 am

Does the covid vaccine really work. I don't think they even know.

Now, if you got the phizer vaccine, they say you need a booster shot at 12 months.

If that isn't enough, they say you may have to get vaccinated every year.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/15/pfizer-ceo-says-third-covid-vaccine-dose-likely-needed-within-12-months.html

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:59 am

rick1 wrote:Does the covid vaccine really work. I don't think they even know.
Now, if you got the phizer vaccine, they say you need a booster shot at 12 months.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/15/pfizer-ceo-says-third-covid-vaccine-dose-likely-needed-within-12-months.html
Don't read too much into what "they" are saying. (I would say not to listen at all.) No one has looked at people who got the vaccine 12+ months ago to see if they need a booster, or are having side effects, because: There Is No Data To Look At.

If these guys are talking to us, they are talking though their hats. More than likely, they were discussing strategy, in case they needed to do the boosters, and someone took their comments out of context.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:01 am

ReadyMom wrote:
Blondie wrote:
Blood clots seem to affect women of child bearing age who may or may not be on the pill.
Women say they are having heavier and more painful PERIODS since getting their COVID-19 vaccines - as several claim it has also messed up their monthly cycle
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9446907/Some-women-report-heavier-painful-PERIODS-getting-COVID-19-vaccine.html
Still too early to tell what lies down the road, but from what I have seen, any lasting side effects this vaccine gives, the virus would also give, but worse.

So Far.
No one really knows what is further down the road.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:27 am

TRex2 wrote:
rick1 wrote:Does the covid vaccine really work. I don't think they even know.
Don't read too much into what "they" are saying. (I would say not to listen at all.) No one has looked at people who got the vaccine 12+ months ago to see if they need a booster, or are having side effects, because: There Is No Data To Look At.

If these guys are talking to us, they are talking though their hats.  More than likely, they were discussing strategy, in case they needed to do the boosters, and someone took their comments out of context.  

I agree, but the vaccines are only 95% affective. Some people that have gotten the vaccine, have gotten covid, what strain of covid, don't know:

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20210308/reports-of-break-through-covid-cases-after-vaccine

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:59 am

TRex2 wrote:
ReadyMom wrote:
Blondie wrote:
Still too early to tell what lies down the road, but from what I have seen, any lasting side effects this vaccine gives, the virus would also give, but worse.

So Far.
No one really knows what is further down the road.

What's worse than loosing a baby through miscarriage after being vaccinated and carrying that guilt for the rest of your life, knowing it's a POSSIBLE side effect? Just loosing a baby is bad enough. I had a miscarriage for unknown reasons and to this day, I replay what I could have done to cause it to happen.

I've been following an instagram account where women are documenting their cycles AFTER receiving the vax and the stories are frightening.

Read another story about a 2 yr old that was recently given the vax, in the tests for the kids ... child developed blood clots and died hours later Crying  .

Admin

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:43 pm

I am sorry for your loss Ready Mom....

Sad

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:48 pm

ReadyMom wrote:...
What's worse than loosing a baby through miscarriage after being vaccinated and carrying that guilt for the rest of your life, knowing it's a POSSIBLE side effect? Just loosing a baby is bad enough. I had a miscarriage for unknown reasons and to this day, I replay what I could have done to cause it to happen.
Obviously, as a man, I cannot know your mind, or the pain that this must cause you, but I will tell you my thoughts. It was God's decision to take the child, not anything you did or did not do. In Matthew 18, it says that a child's Angel is constantly before God. And God, knowing the future, must have seen something He did not want that child to have to go through, and took the child into "His Rest."  

King David had a son, who became sick, and died eight days after birth. And it was his fault, he knew this because God told him so. King David wept while his child was sick, but when the child died, he got up, washed himself and ate. He said "Some day I will go to him," meaning that he knew the child was with God. Contrast this with how he mourned Absalom, whom he knew would not be with God. (2 Samuel, ch 12 thru 18)

I believe that any baby that dies, is taken, to be with God, and unless God told you differently, the child was taken, to shield him from the troubles of this world.

I've been following an instagram account where women are documenting their cycles AFTER receiving the vax and the stories are frightening.
Unless you have known these women for years, I wouldn't put too much faith in what they say. (I have seen too many people who made up stories for the attention of others.) If you do know them, then there may be more side effects coming to light that we did not know about.

Read another story about a 2 yr old that was recently given the vax, in the tests for the kids ... child developed blood clots and died hours later Crying  .
Ummm, the vaccine is not approved, even to test, on 2 yr olds, as far as I know.

TRex2

Cinnamon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:39 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:51 pm

Seems there is a link between heart inflammation and the covid vaccine in young men:

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/cdc-heart-inflammation-cases-ages-16-24-higher-than-expected-after-mrna-covid-19-2021-06-10/

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:59 am

Looks like Pennsylvania has a log of who got the covid vaccine, so, that must mean they know who didn't get the vaccine also.

PA to text people that got only the first shot of the vaccine and not the second:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/pennsylvania/articles/2021-07-29/pennsylvania-to-text-people-who-missed-second-vaccine-shot

For those that haven't gotten the vaccine, watch out, they're coming for ya, one way or another, just like they did on dead beat dad's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:15 pm

Several neighbors and my parents have now taken the gene therapy. So far everyone seems to be doing fine. My Dad got his second shot yesterday, but claims he's had no ill effects at this point. Everyone is over 60 who took it.

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:09 am

rick1 wrote:
Dave58 wrote:

They call it covid arm:

Good luck Rick   Let us know how it goes

OK, got my lst shot of Moderna covid vaccine yesterday at 8 a.m. at the VA, get my 2nd shot March 11th.

So far no adverse reaction to the shot, no side effects, etc., so far.

The VA gave me a 5 page summary of the covid shot and below the heading, it stated, "There is no U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved vaccine to prevent covid-19. The Moderna covid-19 vaccine may not protect everyone."

They gave me a certification card, with the date, lot number, who gave the shot, and saying I got the 1st shot and will certify the 2nd shot once I get it. The VA told me to make extra copies. I asked why, they said that they were told that in the near future that if you plan on using any public transportation, international or interstate travel, you will be required to carry the card in order to board a plane, train, bus, etc..

As I stated above about proof of vaccine, well NYC is now requiring proof to go to the gym, eating out, etc.. The woke left at work:

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/nyc-require-vaccination-proof-indoor-dining-gyms-79240537

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:37 pm

Are the covid vaccines as good as they say they are, according to this report, they aren't:

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-vaccines-pfizer-moderna-delta-biden-e9be4bb0-3d10-4f56-8054-5410be357070.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:15 pm

FLCCC Protocols For Treating Covid-19

These are protocols that have been tested to treat Covid-19. The same website offers a tele-consultation with a doctor, who will prescribe HQC and Ivermectin and which you can get at one of their pharmacies or your own, if they distribute it. It costs money - $90 for the consult and some $300 for meds, using their pharmacies.

There are also some promising small studies being done on nicotine. It has been noted that smokers don't seem to be coming down with the virus and professionals have wondered why...and the small study indicates that nicotine may help combat the symptoms. They've done the study using nicotine lozenges that contain 4 grams of nicotine and it looks promising. You can get lozenges, pouches, patches, and tablets here:

Rogue Nicotine

Just FYI - Durvet 1.87% Ivermectin Apple Flavored Horse paste for $6.99 at Tractor Supply/Grain Mills/Farm stores, taken in the proper dosage that is listed on the tube, can accomplish relief of flu/cold symptoms...for horses.

You can also buy quinine, the base of HQC, online and at some pharmacies or herbal stores for a reasonable price. Leg cramp medications usually contain quinine, too.

And last - if you prefer adult beverages and like gin and tonic - most tonic waters have quinine in it.

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:10 am

I'm not going to even pretend to be a doctor, but I just want folks to be careful when they don't consult a medical professional before taking medications not specifically made for human consumption.

Not sure if folks remember the man who died and how his wife ended up in the hospital from taking medicine for their fish....

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-chloroquine-self-medication-kills-man.html

And yes, I have stored fish antibiotics for use in a serious crisis, but they are the same as human medicine. And I won't even consider using them until the medical system completely breaks down, since I'd much rather have a doctor's opinion and some lab tests done before taking ANYTHING.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:54 am

dmwalsh568 wrote:I'm not going to even pretend to be a doctor, but I just want folks to be careful when they don't consult a medical professional before taking medications not specifically made for human consumption.

Not sure if folks remember the man who died and how his wife ended up in the hospital from taking medicine for their fish....

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-chloroquine-self-medication-kills-man.html

And yes, I have stored fish antibiotics for use in a serious crisis, but they are the same as human medicine. And I won't even consider using them until the medical system completely breaks down, since I'd much rather have a doctor's opinion and some lab tests done before taking ANYTHING.

I agree with you , but unfortunately the CDC says one thing the WHO says another then Biden and different governors all put their 2 cents in so now its a crap shoot..

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:30 am

Dave58 wrote:
dmwalsh568 wrote:I'm not going to even pretend to be a doctor, but I just want folks to be careful when they don't consult a medical professional before taking medications not specifically made for human consumption.

I agree with you , but unfortunately the CDC says one thing the WHO says another then Biden and different governors all put their 2 cents in so now its a crap shoot..

:BadDog: shoot

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:44 am

Yes, caution should be used when self treating any illness or injury, but caution should also be used when evaluating "news" articles. The linked article is nothing but anti-Trump propaganda pretending to be news. Basically, these people decided to commit suicide (either consciously, or by way of the Darwin Award) by drinking something poisonous, and one of them failed to die, so they blamed Trump. After all, it was in vogue to blame Trump for anything that went wrong in the world. At least, among Leftists, it was in vogue.

The whole LiveScience website has always been run by those who are Left of Center, but as Trump took office, they began drifting even further to the Left, running completely off the rails, as far back as Jan 2017. I would think twice about believing anything they have said in the past five years.

TRex2

rick1, Dave58 and Drinkthekoolaid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:16 am

Dave58 wrote:
dmwalsh568 wrote:And yes, I have stored fish antibiotics for use in a serious crisis, but they are the same as human medicine. And I won't even consider using them until the medical system completely breaks down, since I'd much rather have a doctor's opinion and some lab tests done before taking ANYTHING.

Don't forget, those fish antibiotics (like almost all antibiotics) have about a three year shelf life.

The other day, I heard a "medical expert" ask: "why are we paying these Pediatricians and their Associations, if the Governor isn't going to listen to them, but does what he wants?

My first thought was: "yes, those Pediatrics Associations and their mouth pieces are pretty much a waste."

Then I realized he was being sarcastic.

After that, my thought was: "They are still a waste, and we shouldn't be paying them"

After all, some of them are the ones that tell us there are 27 genders...

TRex2

rick1 and Drinkthekoolaid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 am

Dave58

rick1 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:54 pm

From HERO'S this time last year to ZERO'S today.

Let's not forget the highly educated doctors that refuse to see unvax'ed patients, so much for the hypocritical oath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clowns jocolor just like corn pop.

Dave58 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:47 pm

Pfizer has developed a new covid pill and is now testing it, $ $ $ $ $ :

https://greekreporter.com/2021/09/28/pfizer-oral-drug-covid-pill/

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:38 am

Merck Says Experimental Pill Cuts Worst Effects Of COVID-19
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/merck-covid-pill-coronavirus-molnupiravir_n_61570359e4b0487c855e0331

Drugmaker Merck said Friday that its experimental COVID-19 pill reduced hospitalizations and deaths by half in people recently infected with the coronavirus and that it would soon ask health officials in the U.S. and around the world to authorize its use.

If cleared, the drug would be the first pill shown to treat COVID-19, ...

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:22 am

ReadyMom wrote:Merck Says Experimental Pill Cuts Worst Effects Of COVID-19
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/merck-covid-pill-coronavirus-molnupiravir_n_61570359e4b0487c855e0331

Drugmaker Merck said Friday that its experimental COVID-19 pill reduced hospitalizations and deaths by half in people recently infected with the coronavirus and that it would soon ask health officials in the U.S. and around the world to authorize its use.

If cleared, the drug would be the first pill shown to treat COVID-19, ...

Just read an interesting article about this drug over at ArsTechnica:

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/11/womp-womp-efficacy-of-mercks-thor-inspired-covid-pill-crumbles-vexing-experts/

In a 13-to-10 vote, advisers for the Food and Drug Administration narrowly supported authorizing Merck's Thor-inspired antiviral pill molnupiravir for use against severe COVID-19.

The FDA's panel of advisers—the Antimicrobial Drugs Advisory Committee (AMDAC)—struggled in an all-day meeting Tuesday to weigh the drug's risks, its modest benefits, and the limited available data. The latest analysis suggests that the pill is only 30 percent effective at preventing hospitalization and death from COVID-19 in people at high risk of severe disease. Meanwhile, the drug has the worrisome potential to cause mutations, leading advisers to agonize over whether it should be offered to pregnant people.

At the time, Merck and its partner, Ridgeback Biotherapeutics, had put out a press release trumpeting that the antiviral pill appeared to cut the risk of hospitalization and death from COVID-19 by about 50 percent in infected people at risk of severe disease. The result came from an interim analysis involving 762 people who were followed for about a month after testing positive. In the placebo group, Merck reported that 53 of 377 people were hospitalized with COVID-19, and eight died. Among 386 people who received the drug, only 28 were hospitalized, and none of those patients died. Comparing the two groups, the rate of hospitalization and death in the placebo group was 14.1 percent versus only 7.3 percent in the molnupiravir group.

But since that analysis, Merck collected data from an additional 646 people—and in this batch of people, the benefit of molnupiravir disappeared. Of 322 people in the placebo group, 15 were hospitalized and one died. That is, the rate of hospitalization and death was about 4.7 percent with a placebo. Of 324 people who received molnupiravir, 20 were hospitalized and one died. That's a rate of hospitalization and death of 6.2 percent, which is slightly higher than the rate in the placebo group.

So the first trial was a success, but the second trial was inconclusive at best, or harmful at worst.

Hopefully the Pfizer pill is safer....

dmwalsh568

rick1, Dave58 and Violet like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:02 pm

That pill is a good thing, but many people won't be able to take it.

The news this morning said, if your on blood thinners, certain cholesterol pills, etc., it may kill ya.

In addition, it may cause cancer, birth defects, etc.. Why would they even consider this pill with such little research.

If I were still young, I wouldn't touch this pill with a 10 foot pole:

https://www.theburningplatform.com/2021/10/08/proceed-with-caution-at-your-own-peril-mercks-covid-super-drug-poses-serious-health-risks-scientists-warn/

Dave58 and Violet like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:43 pm

I haven't seen anything that says the Merck pill was approved, only that certain agencies recommend its approval.

That said, if I understand the issue correctly, the pill would only be used once you were sick with Covid, and I would expect them to screen for all of the "contraindications" before proscribing it.

Just the same, let us hope the Pfizer version is better.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:43 am

OK, so corn pop  clown wants to have a bill passed (already passed in the house) to keep a vaccine register on those who have received the covid vaccine.

I can just see this being used against those who have not been vaccinated, how, I don't know, but I do have my suspisions on what they may do.

Seems like maybe, our civil liberties may be in the crosshairs (again):

https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/jordan-vaccination-database-house-covid-19/2021/12/03/id/1047270/?ns_mail_uid=ed113837-94a1-4b8d-8fab-a7f206fd5031&ns_mail_job=DM281014_12042021&s=acs&dkt_nbr=0105048ydqrb

Violet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next