Drinkthekoolaid
ReadyMom
7 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Russian Concerns - Page 5 Empty Re: Russian Concerns

Post by TRex2 Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:27 pm

dmwalsh568 wrote:
Is it bad that at this point I hope there is a coup in Russia to solve the problem for everyone? Shocked
I don't know if it is "bad" but I know you have a lot of company.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:31 pm

https://community.defconwarningsystem.com/threads/%E2%9A%A0%EF%B8%8F-zaporozhye-ukraine-nuclear-power-plant-on-fire%E2%9A%A0%EF%B8%8F.15943/

Not sure this will work... I got it from twitter Russia is shelling a nuclear power plant in the Ukraine. They have managed to cause a fire

Dave58

rick1 and Drinkthekoolaid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:20 pm

There are conflicting reports that the fire is in a training area of this nuclear compound or the fire is closer to the reactor itself. No matter, firefighters cannot reach the fire:

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/futures-tumble-report-ukraine-nuclear-power-plant-europes-largest-fire-after-shelling

Blondie

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:17 pm

Dave58 wrote:https://community.defconwarningsystem.com/threads/%E2%9A%A0%EF%B8%8F-zaporozhye-ukraine-nuclear-power-plant-on-fire%E2%9A%A0%EF%B8%8F.15943/

Not sure this will work... I got it from twitter Russia is shelling a nuclear power plant in the Ukraine. They have managed to cause a fire

There is a literal battle going on in the largest nuke plant in Europe.

Hey, Chernobyl, hold my vodka watch this

Drinkthekoolaid

rick1, Dave58 and dmwalsh568 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:17 pm

Very interesting and frightening

https://youtu.be/C9vTlBtA_-0

Drinkthekoolaid

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:00 am

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:
There is a literal battle going on in the largest nuke plant in Europe.

Hey, Chernobyl, hold my vodka watch this
While, for now, Chernobyl Part 2 has been avoided, the plant is now in the hands of Russian force. I don't think they inspire confidence, in the running of a nuclear power plant.

One our our intel community has opined that Putin may, if things get bad for him, choose to use a "low yield" tactical nuke in Ukraine, as a demonstration of his willingness to seriously increase the body count. In theory, if he exploded a 5kt nuke more than 1000 feet off the ground, the residual radiation and fall out would be minimal, but the blast and heat would destroy everything for about 400 yards radius (just over 40 city blocks, total).

We know from past conflicts, Putin (for that matter, anyone in the Russian politburo) has no problem with driving the body count in Ukraine to something on the order of 100,000 Russian soldiers and 1million Ukrainians.  

These are pessimistic ideas, or perhaps cynical, but we (preppers) should be preparing for them.

I still don't worry too much about that. I am more concerned that he might take direct action against the U.S. and Europe, in retaliation for interfering with his invasion of a non-nato country.

TRex2

rick1, Dave58, dmwalsh568 and Drinkthekoolaid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:56 am

So far, Uncle Vladimir has followed through with everything he said he would do. I believe him when he said he would use a nuke.

I also believe him when he said that the west would pay a sever price for interfering with his invasion of Ukraine.

If his words hold true, it just might be lights out for many in the west and the far west.

BE prepared for the worse, that is yet to come. Shocked

rick1

Dave58 and Drinkthekoolaid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:31 pm

rick1

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:47 am

I think it means the sanctions are actually putting pressure on him.

But I don't think it'll stop him. He seems like he's at the end of his rope and he'd rather be the ruler of a rubble pile than losing power over others.

This will not end well (not that it's been puppies and chocolates so far...) Mad

dmwalsh568

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:39 am

You're right dm, it's not going to end well, for the whole world.

If Uncle Vladimir thinks he's going down, he's not going down alone, he's going to take down every body he can.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:56 am

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:48 pm

Listen to bidens own words. Listen to precisely what he says.

Wtf.

https://mobile.twitter.com/raheemkassam/status/1507391808862625800

Telling us army soldiers they will see for themselves when they get there (referring to Ukraine)

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:19 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:Listen to bidens own words. Listen to precisely what he says.

Wtf.

Telling us army soldiers they will see for themselves when they get there (referring to Ukraine)
I dunno. Biden misspeaks a lot.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:49 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:Listen to bidens own words. Listen to precisely what he says.

Wtf.

As my grandma use to say when my pop used to say stupid stuff, "forgive him Lord, as he knows not what he says."

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:55 pm

ReadyMom wrote:
Wtf.
 I dunno. Biden misspeaks a lot.
Yeah. I would be a lot more worried, if he were actually in charge.

What ever happens has to go up the chain of command, through Susan Rice and Obama, to whatever entity Obama takes orders from, before anything happens.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:47 am

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:06 pm

If he's in a nuclear bunker it's not because he's running scared, it's because he's thinking he may launch a nuclear first strike.

Drinkthekoolaid

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:08 pm

If he's in a nuclear bunker it's not because he's running scared, it's because he's thinking he may launch a nuclear first strike.

Take this for what it's worth but "allegedly" the 3 people in Russia who have access to the nuclear launch codes haven't been seen in public in over a week. Rumors are they are in bunkers. Clearly that's a very ominous sign.

Drinkthekoolaid

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:12 pm

Following along with the idea of a nuclear strike in Ukrain:

https://defconwarningsystem.com/2022/04/06/west-russia-mull-nuclear-steps-in-a-more-dangerous-world/
It’s a scenario officials hope to avoid, even if Russia targets Ukraine with a nuclear bomb.

Gottemoeller, a chief U.S. nuclear negotiator with Russia for the Obama administration, said that the outlines that President Joe Biden has provided so far of his nuclear policy stick with those of past administrations in using atomic weapons only in “extreme circumstances.”

“And a single Russian nuclear use demonstration strike, or — as horrific as it would be — a nuclear use in Ukraine, I do not think would rise to that level” of demanding a U.S. nuclear response, said Gottemoeller, now a lecturer at Stanford University.
This guy is unofficial.

Thank God.

Were anyone in an official capacity in Biden's junta to say that, we would almost certainly have a nuclear detonation in Ukraine.

Never forget that weakness invites attack.

Good news, though, is DEFCON web site move their readiness indicator to "4" but with a provision to remain vigilant, as the situation is still unstable. (Maybe 3 and a half, were there such a thing.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:03 pm

TRex, corn pop is weak, he's already shown his yellow stripes. But, there are 4 or 5 countries in the EU that have nukes too and I'm sure one of them would answer Putin's call on a nuke sent to the Ukraine.

Just my 2 cents.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:11 pm

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:52 am

Finland and Sweden are trying to join NATO and it looks good for them to join.

Now Russia is threatening both countries by saying they'll have to add more nukes in the Baltics, more war ships to the Finland Sea and more air defenses on their borders.

Sounds like Russia may be spread a little thin after all of that, especially if the Ukraine's keep blowing up their war ships:

https://www.republicworld.com/world-news/russia-ukraine-crisis/russia-threatens-to-bolster-military-defence-in-baltic-if-sweden-and-finland-join-nato-articleshow.html

http://radiojamaicanewsonline.com/local/russian-warship-sinks-ukraine-claims-its-missile-is-responsible

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:52 am

The Russian warship (Moskva) which Ukraine sank, in the Black Sea, using 2 Neptune missiles, is believed to have been carrying nuclear warheads. Russia just raised the price of war:

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/ukraine-russia-nuclear-weapons-black-sea/2022/04/15/id/1065941/?ns_mail_uid=ed113837-94a1-4b8d-8fab-a7f206fd5031&ns_mail_job=DM323157_04162022&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010504di3v8j

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:34 pm

I never thought the Ukrainian Army would last this long. Never thought they would do so much damage to the Russians.

Never thought the Russians could be so incompetent. (The atrocities should not surprise anyone who has thoroughly studied warfare.)

I always knew the Russians (and, for that matter, most armies around the world) were no where near as efficient as ours, but the Russians seem to have taken this to a whole new level of incompetence.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:07 pm

TRex2 wrote:I never thought the Ukrainian Army would last this long. Never thought they would do so much damage to the Russians.

Never thought the Russians could be so incompetent. (The atrocities should not surprise anyone who has thoroughly studied warfare.)

I always knew the Russians (and, for that matter, most armies around the world) were no where near as efficient as ours, but the Russians seem to have taken this to a whole new level of incompetence.

I agree TRex, the way Putin runs his mouth about what his military can do, he has done nothing except kill innocent civilians. And a lot of Ukraine civilians, including women, have taken up arms and are kicking some Russian butt.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:13 pm

rick1 wrote:
TRex2 wrote:I never thought the Ukrainian Army would last this long. Never thought they would do so much damage to the Russians.

I agree TRex, the way Putin runs his mouth about what his military can do, he has done nothing except kill innocent civilians. And a lot of Ukraine civilians, including women, have taken up arms and are kicking some Russian butt.
And we are still pouring a million dollars a day (still buying oil from him) into Russia, to finance his war against the Ukrainians.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:59 pm

Seems like the EU may be in for a big surprise when it comes to Russia gas, although, we figured something like this was going to happen.

Not only that, I do believe, that it will affect the U.S. in one way or another:

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/putin-russia-gas/2022/07/20/id/1079603/?ns_mail_uid=ed113837-94a1-4b8d-8fab-a7f206fd5031&ns_mail_job=DM354733_07202022&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010502jvggxj

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:58 pm

rick1 wrote:Seems like the EU may be in for a big surprise when it comes to Russia gas, although, we figured something like this was going to happen.

Not only that, I do believe, that it will affect the U.S. in one way or another:

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/putin-russia-gas/2022/07/20/id/1079603/?ns_mail_uid=ed113837-94a1-4b8d-8fab-a7f206fd5031&ns_mail_job=DM354733_07202022&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010502jvggxj

Seems like the gas from Russia to the EU, (especially Germany) will get worse. Russia only sending 20% of capacity and 2nd turbine to have maintenance. Time to buy a few X-tra blankets:

https://www.newsmax.com/world/globaltalk/germany-russia-gas/2022/07/25/id/1080205/?ns_mail_uid=ed113837-94a1-4b8d-8fab-a7f206fd5031&ns_mail_job=DM358118_07252022&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010502js440y

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:52 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:...

With the various DEFCON levels each increasing in severity of readiness in defensive posture, cutting through the red tape so to speak, to allow the launch order to be given and carried out more quickly.

Counting down from 5 to 1.

DEFCON 5, all smiles and rainbows of peace and love
DEFCON 4, elevated tensions and concerns in the world, increase force protection measures
DEFCON 3, likely in an active war, conflict or some hostilities. Serious threats. Crews are on alert, assets are staged and deployed or positioned.  Weapons are probably loaded in bombers, boomer subs are staged
DEFCON 2 nuclear war is imminent or likely, nukes are armed in planes crews on standby. Highest level of readiness literally "all signs are green" everything is ready and waiting for a launch order
DEFCON 1 launch order is given,  missiles in the air, bombers, subs, etc
Just my .02 cents how I see it
The description above is accurate, for all practical purposes. I check the civilian run DEFCON website, which has no connection to the official status, every week. They are not the "be all and end all" of the intel community, but these guys (and some of them are ethnic Russians) have studied the situation for more than 30 years (as have I), so they do have some handle on the situation.

The DEFCON site just raised readyness level to DEFCON 4, after a few months at DEFCON 5.
They seem to be nervous.

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:50 am

TRex2 wrote:
Drinkthekoolaid wrote:...

With the various DEFCON levels each increasing in severity of readiness in defensive posture, cutting through the red tape so to speak, to allow the launch order to be given and carried out more quickly.

Counting down from 5 to 1.

DEFCON 5, all smiles and rainbows of peace and love
DEFCON 4, elevated tensions and concerns in the world, increase force protection measures
DEFCON 3, likely in an active war, conflict or some hostilities. Serious threats. Crews are on alert, assets are staged and deployed or positioned.  Weapons are probably loaded in bombers, boomer subs are staged
DEFCON 2 nuclear war is imminent or likely, nukes are armed in planes crews on standby. Highest level of readiness literally "all signs are green" everything is ready and waiting for a launch order
DEFCON 1 launch order is given,  missiles in the air, bombers, subs, etc
Just my .02 cents how I see it
The description above is accurate, for all practical purposes. I check the civilian run DEFCON website, which has no connection to the official status, every week. They are not the "be all and end all" of the intel community, but these guys (and some of them are ethnic Russians) have studied the situation for more than 30 years (as have I), so they do have some handle on the situation.

The DEFCON site just raised readyness level to DEFCON 4, after a few months at DEFCON 5.
They seem to be nervous.

Gee, maybe because Putin just declared even more of Ukraine is now part of Russia and has been obliquely threatening nuclear (or other non-conventional methods) responses to any incursions into Russian territory?

Why would anyone worry that Ukraine might object and go into those territories and try to kick out the Russians?

Yes, that was sarcasm.

We are in a much more dangerous position now, with Putin's back against the wall and Ukrainian spirits are at an all time high from kicking Russian military butt. One miscalculation from Putin and he'll force us into a more active role - we can't let nuclear/chemical/biological attacks go unanswered, so Biden will be forced to respond swiftly.

And I don't see a face saving way for Putin to declare victory that will satisfy the Ukrainians.

This will not end well.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:36 pm

dmwalsh568 wrote:...

We are in a much more dangerous position now, with Putin's back against the wall and Ukrainian spirits are at an all time high from kicking Russian military butt. One miscalculation from Putin and he'll force us into a more active role - we can't let nuclear/chemical/biological attacks go unanswered, so Biden will be forced to respond swiftly.
Not quite true. In the 70's N.Vienam's use of Yellow Rain wasn't answered and in the 80's and 90's we allowed Iraqi chemical attacks to go unanswered. It wasn't until Trump got into office that we drew a red line and stuck to it. Frankly, I think, if Russia explodes a nuke over Ukraine, we will do nothing.

What might get us to respond, is an attack on US, UK, or Denmark, and frankly I expect Russia to destroy pipelines belonging to one or more of those countries.

And I don't see a face saving way for Putin to declare victory that will satisfy the Ukrainians.
This will not end well.
This, I agree with.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:25 pm

Hey! Isn't "burning bridges" just supposed to be an expression of speech?

Guess Not:
https://nypost.com/2022/08/13/ukraine-destroys-russian-supply-bridges-20-of-ground-forces/
Ukraine troops have blown up two primary bridges that Russian troops used to access occupied territory as the country’s top soldier said Saturday that one fifth of invading ground forces have been “destroyed” with the conflict nearing its sixth month.

The Antonivsy road bridge and the Kherson rail bridge over the Dnipro River were heavily damaged in attacks earlier this week and are “likely unusable for heavy military vehicles,” according to a report from British intelligence released Saturday. That could mean Russian soliders are stuck with limited options for new supplies or weapons to reach them.

Both spans have been used by Russian forces in the occupied city of Kherson on the Black Sea to transport soldiers and war materiel. Large parts of the region are occupied by Russian soldiers.

“The two primary road bridges giving access to the pocket of Russian occupied territory on the west bank of the Dnipro in Kherson Oblast are now probably out of use for the purpose of substantial military resupply,” the British intelligence briefing said. “On 10 August 2022, Ukrainian precision strikes likely rendered the road crossing of the Dnipro River at Nova Kakhovka unusable for heavy military vehicles. In recent days, Russia has only succeeded in making superficial repairs to the damaged Antonivsky road bridge, which likely remains structurally undermined.”

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:47 pm

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:45 am

Some of our people are getting nervous, that Putin is running himself out of missiles, leaving him with no other recourse, except nuclear weapons.

There are some people (Oliver North) who don't think Putin's on scene commanders will be willing to "push the button," when Putin gives the order. If that be true, Putin's days in power are numbered.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:15 pm

TRex2 wrote:Some of our people are getting nervous, that Putin is running himself out of missiles, leaving him with no other recourse, except nuclear weapons.

There are some people (Oliver North) who don't think Putin's on scene commanders will be willing to "push the button," when Putin gives the order. If that be true, Putin's days in power are numbered.

I don't think that would stop Putin. He could have a few ultra loyalist Russian military flyers do a sortie with nuclear armed jets. Hopefully the Ukrainians can knock down any such jets before the nukes are launched, but that's not guaranteed.

Putin may be a rational actor according to Biden, but when push comes to shove I strongly believe that Putin has to appease his war hawks to keep breathing given how poorly everything else has gone. So if I hear about front line commanders being recalled to Moscow I'll probably be putting the finishing touches on my basement shelter space....

Be safe out there folks!

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:46 pm

dmwalsh568 wrote:
TRex2 wrote:Some of our people are getting nervous, that Putin is running himself out of missiles, leaving him with no other recourse, except nuclear weapons.

I don't think that would stop Putin. He could have a few ultra loyalist Russian military flyers do a sortie with nuclear armed jets. Hopefully the Ukrainians can knock down any such jets before the nukes are launched, but that's not guaranteed.

Putin may be a rational actor according to Biden, but when push comes to shove I strongly believe that Putin has to appease his war hawks to keep breathing given how poorly everything else has gone. So if I hear about front line commanders being recalled to Moscow I'll probably be putting the finishing touches on my basement shelter space....

Be safe out there folks!
I chose this location, because I don't need a shelter. No targets near me. If it is truly nuclear Armageddon (and the Bible says it won't be) then I will eventually perish because most of the world is already gone, and I am not in the kind of health and shape to carry on in a "Mad Max" world.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:07 pm

TRex2 wrote:
dmwalsh568 wrote:

Be safe out there folks!
I chose this location, because I don't need a shelter. No targets near me. If it is truly nuclear Armageddon (and the Bible says it won't be) then I will eventually perish because most of the world is already gone, and I am not in the kind of health and shape to carry on in a "Mad Max" world.

This kind of conversation scares me. Sad

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:38 pm

ReadyMom wrote:
TRex2 wrote: I am not in the kind of health and shape to carry on in a "Mad Max" world.

This kind of conversation scares me. Sad  
Well, the Bible says "there will be wars and rumors of wars" before the "birth pangs" even begin.  I think we have already seen those. Then:
Rev 6 wrote:behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
The man on the white horse will have the power to project his force across distances. This is not Jesus, who would be symbolized with a sword. It is a false god.

I believe this is what is happening today. (Or, at least, foreshadowed.) But then, it was the same in 1941.

Some of us believe the Rapture ( 1 Cor 15 ) is depicted in Rev 4:1, others believe it is in Rev 6:4 (Peace shall be taken away). I am kinda on the fence about those two. Still others think it will be later in the Tribulation (I don't think so).

Either way, we will not perish in a nuclear Armageddon.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:31 pm

I was just watching Tucker Carlson.

In the wake of Sleepy Joe pontificating and prophesying about "Nuclear Armageddon," Tucker and a host of others seem to have evolved into a bunch of Gretta Thunbergs, bereft of rational thought and screaming "how dare you" at the adults in the room.

I wonder how many of them know that Armageddon actually refers to the location of the final battle of mankind, and that it is Jesus who will slay all who remain, arrayed against Him.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:53 am

TRex2 wrote:I was just watching Tucker Carlson.

In the wake of Sleepy Joe pontificating and prophesying about "Nuclear Armageddon," Tucker and a host of others seem to have evolved into a bunch of Gretta Thunbergs, bereft of rational thought and screaming "how dare you" at the adults in the room.

I wonder how many of them know that Armageddon actually refers to the location of the final battle of mankind, and that it is Jesus who will slay all who remain, arrayed against Him.

I used to watch Tucker Carlson, but he just got to radical for me, he'd feel more at home on CNN.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:40 pm

rick1 wrote:I used to watch Tucker Carlson, but he just got to radical for me, he'd feel more at home on CNN.
Radical, yes, but way too far right for CNN.
Almost another Alex Jones. Almost.

I usually check his show, just to see what topics he is covering, but now, as he has become a bit of a "Gretta Thunberg" on the Ukrainian war issue, I will be less interested. If he doesn't fix his cranial rectal inversion syndrome, I may quit watching him.

I see this sort of malady in "Conservatives" from time to time, where they get so wrapped around the axle on one battle, that they forget all others. Like people forgetting that we have an actually commitment that was made to Ukraine when they got rid of their nukes, and that Ukraine is strategic, due to its location between Russia and Turkey (which is now our enemy, but a NATO member, in possession of nuclear weapons). Not to mention Ukraine has huge coal and other mineral reserves, under some really rich farm land.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:20 pm

And we're inching closer to NATO being a full party to the war in Ukraine rather than just a cheerleader....

From https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-war-zelenskyy-kherson-9202c032cf3a5c22761ee71b52ff9d52

KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Russia pounded Ukraine’s energy facilities Tuesday with its biggest barrage of missiles yet, striking targets across the country and causing widespread blackouts, and a U.S. official said missiles crossed into NATO member Poland, where two people were killed.

A defiant Ukrainian President Volodymr Zelenskyy shook his fist and declared: “We will survive everything.”

Polish government spokesman Piotr Mueller did not immediately confirm the information from a senior U.S. intelligence official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the situation. But Mueller said top leaders were holding an emergency meeting due to a “crisis situation.”

Polish media reported that two people died Tuesday afternoon after a projectile struck an area where grain was drying in Przewodów, a Polish village near the border with Ukraine.

NATO territory has now been attacked by Russia - whether it was intentional or accidental matters very little. And I doubt anyone in Moscow is willing to apologize to try to reduce tensions, so this may escalate quickly....

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:56 am

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:00 am

It's sounds increasingly like we/US/NATO is going to give Ukraine a patriot missile battery.

So in very short order we're going to be having US weapons shooting down Russian planes in a warzone on the border of NATO.

Drinkthekoolaid

rick1 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:02 am

Oh and off topic slightly, but if you guys have the time and are interested there is a great YouTube channel I've been enjoying

Imonkeywerx us.

Here's a recent daily sitrep
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2ObO_fQ4Nc

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:10 am

Didn't really know where to put this..

https://youtu.be/N0hXXTbhT30

Dave58

dmwalsh568 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri May 12, 2023 7:02 am

Dave58 wrote:Things might be picking up a little Tic-Tock
https://www.the-sun.com/news/6911324/putin-readies-nuke-launch-missile/

DEFCON warning site is seeing some increase in discussions.
They are, however, still showing "5"
meaning no immediate threat.
https://defconwarningsystem.com/

I haven't had time to look at the articles,
so I will have to post more, later.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat May 13, 2023 7:08 am

TRex2 wrote:

OK, two things.

First, they had seen some "interesting" rumors, and reported that they had seen rumors.
I saw that report, and reported it here.
The rumors were debunked, so they are of no consequence.

Second, May is national preparedness month, or something like that,
and the DEFCON web site had a couple items concerning that.

I saw the extra traffic, but it seems that the situation hasn't changed.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue May 16, 2023 2:10 pm

TRex2 wrote:

I don't pay any attention to that. The .mil doesn't publish or release their force posture.

That is just pure speculation. And I highly doubt we've been coasting along at 5 all this time defcon 4 is much more likely. I doubt we are at 3 but I wouldn't rule it out but IMO 4 is probably a fair guess.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed May 17, 2023 5:00 am

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:[snipped quoted stuff]
I don't pay any attention to that. The .mil doesn't publish or release their force posture.  

That is just pure speculation. And I highly doubt we've been coasting along at 5 all this time defcon 4 is much more likely. I doubt we are at 3 but I wouldn't rule it out but IMO 4 is probably a fair guess.
I have mentioned this, before, but you may have missed that.

There is nothing in my posts from any .mil agency. the "DEFCON" site is civilian. They are professional "watchers" of the nuclear arms race and things related to that. They watch Russia and China (and a few others), and I watch them. I watch them, because they have always provided reliable information. Their DEFCON level doesn't specifically reflect the US government's DEFCON level, although from time to time, they may be the same.

I concur that the government, over the past few years, has held DEFCON 4, probably more than we would like to know. I know we have been to 3 several times in history, and at least once (possibly twice) we made it to DEFCON 2, but only for a few minutes.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed May 17, 2023 12:42 pm

We've only been in DEFCON level 2, 2 times, once during the Cuban missile crisis and once during the Persian Gulf war.

I can't believe that we weren't at a higher level during the 9-11 attacks, we were raised to a level 3.

Here's a good article on the levels that we have reached:

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/the-defcon-system-and-which-levels-us-forces-have-been-in-the-past/

And here's a good article on who sets the DEFCON levels, the military does not publicly distribute the active DEFCON level so people don't panic:

https://veteran.com/defcon-levels/

Last edited by rick1 on Wed May 17, 2023 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add another link)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:28 am

This could change everything
https://t.co/X3flQUBL0r

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:06 am

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:09 am

Dave58 wrote:This could change everything
They can do a lot of damage and create a lot of chaos. Ultimately, they may take 30% of the Russian military out of the fight, for a while.

But I don't think they will make it to Moscow. I think the regular Russian army will cut them to pieces, along the way. A (more than ) 200 mile plunge into hostile territory is difficult if everything is on your side, and in this conflict, it is most certainly not going to go smoothly.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:38 am

Dave58 wrote:This could change everything
Are they good guys or bad guys? They are against what Putin is doing, right? Staging a coup? I read they are neo-natzi, so to me that says 'bad guys' even though they are against Putin. I'm SO confused! seeing stars

Admin

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:31 pm

One thing I missed, is that other units are joining up with Wagner Group.

I still think they will lose, but it will get more "interesting."

(My wife said: "maybe they have realized: better dead than red.")

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:42 pm

TRex2 wrote:
One thing I missed, is that other units are joining up with Wagner Group.

I still think they will lose, but it will get more "interesting."

(My wife said: "maybe they have realized: better dead than red.")
Looks like they have turned back.

But this will still not end well, for them: they have embarrassed the Kremlin.

TRex2

Dave58 and dmwalsh568 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:35 pm

ReadyMom wrote:...
 Are they good guys or bad guys? They are against what Putin is doing, right? Staging a coup? I read they are neo-natzi, so to me that says 'bad guys' even though they are against Putin. I'm SO confused! seeing stars  
Wagner Group (pronounced "vog-ner," BTW) is a "mercenary" outfit that allows Putin to carry out unlawful warfare and claim "plausible deniability" in spite of all of us knowing they answer to him.  Many of them are criminals or foreign fighters who do this for a living, since that beats living in a Russian prison.

I would ignore any and all propaganda about one side or the other being Nazi or neo-nazi. That is just propaganda to try to push hatred towards some group or other. Nazi has nothing to do with this.

Putin invaded Ukraine to try to reclaim territory that was taken at the end of WW1 (the taking of Russian territory was pretty sketchy).

Ukraine, under President Z (who was lawfully elected, in spite of Russian interference to try to keep him out) is waging a war to defend Ukraine, since more than 80% of the country does not want to live under Russian rule (again).

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next