rick1
Cinnamon
Blondie
dmwalsh568
Drinkthekoolaid
9 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Supply Chain Observations and Questions - Page 11 Empty Re: Supply Chain Observations and Questions

Post by Dave58 Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:29 pm

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Supply Chain Observations and Questions - Page 11 Empty Re: Supply Chain Observations and Questions

Post by rick1 Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:43 pm

I have about 6 months of peanut butter and about 2 years of peanut butter powder, but, if crow bait joe shuts my water off, I'll be screwed........ Laughing

rick1

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:31 pm

rick1 wrote:

I have about 6 months of peanut butter and about 2 years of peanut butter powder, but, if crow bait joe shuts my water off, I'll be screwed........ Laughing
The bad news is, this seems to have affected at least 4 months production at one factory.
The good news is, there are other factories.

(So far, I have found at least 4, 40oz jars, in my stores.)

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:45 am

rick1 wrote:Thousands of cattle die from heat wave, beef will be going up, again, if many more die from this heat wave:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/thousands-cattle-dead-amid-continuing-heat-wave/story?id=85434516

Originally they said that the heat wave killed all these cattle and all at once. Seems NASA says otherwise, I know nothing about magnetosphere rifts that kill animals on earth. But, if this is the case, we'll all be vegans before too long.

TREX, YOU'RE SMARTER THEN ME, WHAT'S YOUR TAKE ON THIS, WE ALL NEED TO KNOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://miamistandard.news/2022/06/17/cattle-deaths-explained-nasa-warns-of-deadly-magnetosphere-rifts-that-allow-intense-solar-radiation-to-wipe-out-large-numbers-of-animals-on-earth/

rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:42 am

Hot sauce, tampon shortages lead growing list of out-of-stock items
https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/hot-sauce-tampon-shortages

ReadyMom
Admin

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:54 am

Supply Chain Observations and Questions - Page 11 265031933-4930420916989619-203302254641152587-n

ReadyMom
Admin

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:31 pm

Here's a list of potential items that may become a shortage here in the great U.S., toilet paper again.Shocked

https://parade.com/1332615/jessicasager/food-shortages-2022/

rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:38 pm

rick1 wrote:...
Originally they said that the heat wave killed all these cattle and all at once. Seems NASA says otherwise, I know nothing about magnetosphere rifts that kill animals on earth. But, if this is the case, we'll all be vegans before too long.

TREX, YOU'RE SMARTER THEN ME, WHAT'S YOUR TAKE ON THIS, WE ALL NEED TO KNOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is something I hadn't heard of, either.

So, I looked into it. From the links, I didn't see anything of reputable sources, and that concerned me. I followed up on the resources they give, to see of they trace back to reliable sources.

Nope.
Just a conspiracy theory nut.

Truth is, we had a heck of a heat wave. Cattle take time to adapt to hot temperatures, and this didn't give them any time. Basically it was like they were wearing their winter coats, and this didn't give them time to shed.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:38 pm

rick1 wrote:Here's a list of potential items that may become a shortage here in the great U.S., toilet paper again.Shocked
https://parade.com/1332615/jessicasager/food-shortages-2022/

The article is good, as far as it goes:
could we get her to write a monthly update? Laugh Animated

(Things are moving fast, these days.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:58 pm

Did You Know That On July 28, 2020 The Rockefeller Foundation Published A Document Called “Reset The Table” ? It’s all about the upcoming food shortages.
https://threadsirish.substack.com/p/did-you-know-that-on-july-28-2020?fbclid=IwAR2NGbgI7Z62JMqOblRsB0i31UWce4SojgtvLzEh-drVU035GANCS9VZ07o

This document flew under the radar for many but is now more important than ever in the light of what has been happening to food processing facilities being destroyed globally and herds of cattle being culled.

The first question anybody should be asking is “How would the Rockefeller Foundation know about upcoming food shortages” in 2020.

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:02 pm

Just another cog in the fuel wheel. Now a coal derailment that caused 'significant' damage to the tracks. Hmmmm ....  

'Significant' Damage to Rail Tracks After Coal Train Derails Near Lawrence, Kansas
https://news.yahoo.com/significant-damage-rail-tracks-coal-074647081.html

Train tracks suffered “significant” damage after a coal train derailed near Lawrence, Kansas, on June 17, local authorities said.

Last edited by ReadyMom on Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:07 pm

ReadyMom wrote:Just another cog in the fuel wheel. Now a coal derailment that caused 'significant' damage to the tracks. Hmmmm ....  

'Significant' Damage to Rail Tracks After Coal Train Derails Near Lawrence, Kansas

Train tracks suffered “significant” damage after a coal train derailed near Lawrence, Kansas, on June 17, local authorities said.

Its going to be a rough winter......

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:33 pm

Dave58 wrote:
ReadyMom wrote:Just another cog in the fuel wheel. Now a coal derailment that caused 'significant' damage to the tracks. Hmmmm ....  

Its going to be a rough winter......

I've been saying all along, it's all a plan by the demonrats devil , you ain't seen nothing yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU MUST be dependent on the government.

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:58 pm

Here's a clip from the Johnstown Tribune-Democrat newspaper:

"Natural gas was selling for $8.14 per million BTU's on the spot market in May and could rise to an overage of $8.71 this summer, the EIA said, which would be the highest price since 2008. In May 2021 natural gas was just $2.91 per million BTU's. Domestic demand for natural gas has outpaced production, partly because oil and gas companies slowed drilling during the pandemic and also because the U.S. has been exporting more liquefied natural gas (LNG)."

"The U.S. has shipped 75% of its LNG cargoes to Europe so far this year compared to 34% in 2021, the EIA said."

Now here's what I say - While people will be awful cold this winter, along with rolling black outs, it would seem to me to put a lid on the 75% export of natural gas. But not old crow bait joe, let the U.S. citizen do without, no wonder he falls climbing up stairs and can't ride a bike. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:09 am

rick1 wrote:Here's a clip from the Johnstown Tribune-Democrat newspaper:

"The U.S. has shipped 75% of its LNG cargoes to Europe so far this year compared to 34% in 2021, the EIA said."

Now here's what I say - While people will be awful cold this winter, along with rolling black outs, it would seem to me to put a lid on the 75% export of natural gas. But not old crow bait joe, let the U.S. citizen do without, no wonder he falls climbing up stairs and can't ride a bike. Laughing
I don't know if you are reading this wrong, or I am reading you wrong, but this isn't all of our natural gas, just the gas that we liquefy to send over seas. Formerly, most of it went somewhere besides Europe, now most of it is going to Europe. Total shipments haven't changed all that much, and amount to about one eighth our our total natural gas.

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/could-us-ship-more-lng-europe-2022-03-25/

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:55 am

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I'm not reading the 270% price increase for natural gas and I blame that increase mostly on exports.

I don't have natural gas in my area, so the price can keep increasing as far as I'm concerned, but it should stay here in the U.S. for a lower price for our citizens.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:05 pm

rick1 wrote:Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I'm not reading the 270% price increase for natural gas and I blame that increase mostly on exports.

I don't have natural gas in my area, so the price can keep increasing as far as I'm concerned, but it should stay here in the U.S. for a lower price for our citizens.
"Wolf Street" agrees with you, partially. And I do too. Partially.

We didn't begin exporting LNG until about 2016, and we have increased exports every year since. We didn't export LNG before that, because we didn't have any to sell. As we became more self sufficient, we had enough to sell.

But the price didn't go up until the Biden administration was installed. His hostility towards the entire fossil fuel industry had a huge impact on future production and distribution.

Then the war started, followed by halfway measures to sanction Russia and halfway measures to help the Ukrainians. The price of oil and gas in Europe, which has always been higher than ours, skyrocketed.

https://wolfstreet.com/2022/06/07/wondering-why-the-price-of-natural-gas-is-suddenly-so-damn-high-the-booming-us-lng-export-industry/
So if US consumers, industrial users, and power generators are wondering why the price of natural gas is suddenly so damn high and roughly tripled from the 10-year average – after over a decade of having benefited from the collapsed prices during the natural gas glut (RIP) in the US – it’s because US natural gas prices are now increasingly arbitraged against global prices, and they’re much higher.

To be sure, we are exporting more each year, but without Biden's hostility, production would have kept up with demand. At least close to it. As far as I know, no one is building production, here in the US, since the Deep State and Biden admin are hostile to them. (And in fact, have said, repeatedly, they will work towards killing off that entire sector.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:47 am

Hat Tip Hat Tip to John West, World Wide Threats:

Two Major Shortages Are Threatening Grocery Store Condiment Aisles
https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/two-major-shortages-are-threatening-grocery-store-condiment-aisles/ar-AAYInYD?ocid=iehp&li=BBnb7Kz

Just in time for summer backyard BBQs and grilling season, both Sriracha and mustard are facing shortages.

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:50 pm

This could make things here worse if the USA tries to make up the difference

https://dnyuz.com/2022/06/23/russia-crimps-gas-flows-just-as-europe-races-to-stock-up-for-winter/

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:30 pm

Dave58 wrote:This could make things here worse if the USA tries to make up the difference

https://dnyuz.com/2022/06/23/russia-crimps-gas-flows-just-as-europe-races-to-stock-up-for-winter/

Believe it or not, it already has and will get worse, just read this link and lets not forget what crow bait bided has done to the industry, America last:

https://tradeforprofit.net/2022/06/us-oil-and-gas-exports-are-fueling-higher-domestic-prices/

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:53 pm

Dave58 wrote:This could make things here worse if the USA tries to make up the difference

Already in progress. That is what Rick1 was talking about, and he was materially right, even though he misread a couple details.

Over the past 6 years we have begun exporting a portion of our natural gas. Until this year, the amount was close to doubling every year. This year it has begun to level off, at around 13% of our total natural gas production.

We could produce more, if the government, and the environmentalist wackos would get out of the way.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:46 pm

I went to the local Tractor Supply store today to buy some chicken feed they were giving a 15% discount for vets. They had 13-40lb bags of feed at reg. price after that all they had left were double the price. I never thought I would see chicken feed $20.00 a bag... I think we will cut back on the amount of chickens we keep this fall...

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:36 pm

Dave58 wrote:I went to the local Tractor Supply store today to buy some chicken feed they were giving a 15% discount for vets. They had 13-40lb bags of feed at reg. price after that all they had left were double the price. I never thought I would see chicken feed $20.00 a bag... I think we will cut back on the amount of chickens we keep this fall...

Somewhat off topic:

Dave, just a thought. If you have free roaming chickens, you don't need to buy any feed. But, of course, you got to get them in the pen at night or the critters will be feeding on them.

Or, make a portable chicken run, once the chickens are in the run, just move it to another spot. Of course, it depends if you have the room to do all of this.

Myself, my chickens roam and of course I've lost a few too. My chickens feed off of what they find for themselves, plus I through any scraps from the table in with them. A chicken isn't real picky when it comes to eating. I've watch them eat their own :BadDog: .

Check with a local store and see if you can get their food garbage they throw out, i.e., produce items, bakery items, etc., chickens love that crap and the bugs that go along with it.

Also check with your local farmer and see what they want for shelled corn or even field corn on the cob, chickens love that crap.

Now winter time is a little different.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:30 pm

rick1 wrote:
Dave58 wrote:I went to the local Tractor Supply store today to buy some chicken feed they were giving a 15% discount for vets. They had 13-40lb bags of feed at reg. price after that all they had left were double the price. I never thought I would see chicken feed $20.00 a bag... I think we will cut back on the amount of chickens we keep this fall...

Somewhat off topic:

Dave, just a thought. If you have free roaming chickens, you don't need to buy any feed. But, of course, you got to get them in the pen at night or the critters will be feeding on them.

Or, make a portable chicken run, once the chickens are in the run, just move it to another spot. Of course, it depends if you have the room to do all of this.

Myself, my chickens roam and of course I've lost a few too. My chickens feed off of what they find for themselves, plus I through any scraps from the table in with them. A chicken isn't real picky when it comes to eating. I've watch them eat their own :BadDog: .

Check with a local store and see if you can get their food garbage they throw out, i.e., produce items, bakery items, etc., chickens love that crap and the bugs that go along with it.

Also check with your local farmer and see what they want for shelled corn or even field corn on the cob, chickens love that crap.

Now winter time is a little different.

I used to turn my girls loose during the day , but they seem to like my neighbors flowers and one of my neighbors across the road hasn't learned to keep their dogs put up , but they will ( one of these days Lassie is not going to make it home)... On a good note my neighbors that grows a lot of sweet corn told me I could have everything that is left after it dries out... I don't think my girls wood find a lot to eat our grass is turning brown we haven't had any rain....

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:48 am

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:51 pm

It is starting to happen here, on a small scale.
But it isn't going to do any good, if no one pays attention to the sound of the alarm and they just ignore the guy walking out.

https://www.eatthis.com/news-walmart-locking-up-steaks/
The Walmart store in question is located in Florida, according to Fox Business. Around the same time, a man was allegedly filmed shoplifting cans of soda from a Trader Joe's location in New York City, per The New York Post. One day earlier, another man was allegedly taped walking out of a different location with nearly 10 packs of meat in his arms.

"They basically just tell us not to do anything—just let them go," a store worker told the news outlet. "We get in trouble if we do anything . . . It don't bother me. I've been working here for two years. I see it happen every day. After a while, you just don't care."

The news service "reached out" to WalMart, for comment and, as far as I know, WalMart has not responded.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:08 pm

I didn't know where to put this... I'm afraid this might be us some day soon.....

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/social-peace-great-danger-germany-quietly-shutting-down-energy-crunch-paralyzes-economy

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:31 pm

Dave58 wrote:I didn't know where to put this... I'm afraid this might be us some day soon.....

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/social-peace-great-danger-germany-quietly-shutting-down-energy-crunch-paralyzes-economy

Yep Dave, just a matter of time before crow bait joe does this to us. We're looking at the possibility of rolling black outs this summer as it is.

Germany is opening up their coal fired power plants 'cause of the gas shut down by Russia. But yet we're sending our oil, that we need and the tax payers paid for, to Asia and other countries.

As joe crow 2.0 says, this is the "THIS IS THE NEW WORLD ORDER."

But Dave, remember one thing, all those demonrats and turncoats that voted for the clown are suffering too, hopefully, they'll suffer a little more then me and you.

CLICK LINK

https://www.amazon.com/Mootikar-Crows%EF%BC%8CRealistic-Lifesize-Feathered-Length/dp/B0943ZZ6PV/ref=asc_df_B0943ZZ6PV/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=532865833807&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2263667621733539235&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9006071&hvtargid=pla-1624922694632&psc=1

Last edited by rick1 on Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add link)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:38 pm

Dave58 wrote:I didn't know where to put this... I'm afraid this might be us some day soon.....

Quietly shutting down?
Is that what they call it?
I call it collapse.

Their manufacturing sector is collapsing, which will be followed by the rest of their economy. Have you seen the Farmer Protests in the Netherlands? If you don't have mining, Agriculture, or manufacturing, you are going to look like Ethiopia and Rwanda, real soon.

They are trying to restart coal fired power plants. They need to get their nuclear up and running too. (I can't really see how the commies convinced them to shut those down.)

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:37 am

Another supply chain fiasco, truckers block port in Oakland, Kilifornia, day 3 and may go for a long time:

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/truckers-at-oakland-protest-say-cargo-wont-flow-until-ab5-goes

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:52 pm

Just to catch things up, a bit, I noticed coffee and filters in short supply, this week and last week.

Oddly enough, I also can't seem to find 8oz coffee cups, just 16oz. I suppose if everyone is drinking bigger cups of coffee, that could be causing the coffee shortage. (Just kidding)

Also heard on the news, this morning, that infant formula is still in short supply.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:57 pm

TRex2 wrote:Just to catch things up, a bit, I noticed coffee and filters in short supply, this week and last week.

Oddly enough, I also can't seem to find 8oz coffee cups, just 16oz. I suppose if everyone is drinking bigger cups of coffee, that could be causing the coffee shortage. (Just kidding)

Also heard on the news, this morning, that infant formula is still in short supply.

Heard about the infant formula too, seems there a recall on a couple of brands, but I only caught the last words on the recall.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:20 pm

Add bed pillows to the list. I needed fiber fill for a craft project. I've found that the cheap pillows at Walmart or other discount stores are a great source for that vs the price of a bag of fill at a craft store/department! Yesterday ... only the expensive pillows were left in the isle at Walmart. Even the big bins were empty. Went to a local deep discount store and the same thing! Shelves & bins empty, except for some satin covered ones or the 'My Pillow Guy' pillows. Strange thing to be low. Wonder why Thinking

Admin

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:17 am

I saw some videos where Wal-Mart /Target and more of the big box stores had canceled orders from manufactures because of inventories not moving..

I believe it was on The Epic Economist on you tube

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:35 am

Dave58 wrote:I saw some videos where Wal-Mart /Target and more of the big box stores had canceled orders from manufactures because of inventories not moving..

I believe it was on  The Epic Economist on you tube

So outlet stores and dollar stores may suddenly have extra inventories of pillows in time for Christmas if the manufacturers can't move their product in the normal channel....so I'll be on the lookout.

dmwalsh568

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:54 am

This will certainly disrupt the supply chain, diesel fuel at its lowest point ever, only a 25 day supply left. Thank you joe crow 2.0:

https://www.newsmax.com/finance/streettalk/diesel-fuel-shortage/2022/10/26/id/1093590/?ns_mail_uid=ed113837-94a1-4b8d-8fab-a7f206fd5031&ns_mail_job=DM390284_10262022&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010504zye47p

At the end of the article, there's a link to fuel oil rationing.

2nd railroad union votes against new contract, a railroad strike may be coming:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/second-railroad-union-rejects-contract-deal-adding-to-strike-worries/ar-AA13pT74

Heating oil in my area is now $5.65/gallon, last week it was $5.83/gallon:

https://www.sellooil.com/prices

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:40 am

rick1 wrote:This will certainly disrupt the supply chain, diesel fuel at its lowest point ever, only a 25 day supply left. Thank you joe crow 2.0:

Not definitely, but likely. The wording is deceptive.

It isn't like we will run out in 25 days, it is 25 days in reserve.

Kinda like a family of four.
The kids are 16 and 17.
They make $50K per year.
Just enough to get by.
They have $500 in savings. (This is that "reserve")
Old car, old house, old appliances...
And no insurance. (liability on car)

Seems like a they are doing well, but one car wreck, a broken furnace, tree falls on house, or one person gets sick or loses a job or ... well a lot of possibilities.

Suddenly they have insufficient resources to make ends meet.

One broken pipeline or refinery fire, and a lot of people could be cold and hungry this winter.

TRex2

rick1, Dave58 and dmwalsh568 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:56 pm

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:43 am

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:55 am

Nationwide Amoxicillin shortage expected to hit local pharmacies
https://www.wsaw.com/2022/10/26/nationwide-amoxicillin-shortage-expected-hit-local-pharmacies/

RELATED:

What the Amoxicillin Shortage Means for Parents and Children
https://www.verywellhealth.com/amoxicillin-shortage-6755185

Admin

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:11 am

Fairly accurate illustration.

This is a shortage developing in the SouthEast, probably due to supplies being diverted to the NorthEast, where they already have a (retaliative) shortage. The article's author, like many in the journalism trade, doesn't seem to grasp the difference between 25 days reserve and 25 days to empty.

The bottom line is that the margins were narrow in the NorthEast, and now, in the SouthEast, also.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:15 am

Good visualization, Dave.

The European Union calls it "weaponization" of food. That is pretty close to what is happening, but the Russians don't see any reason to allow their enemy to export grains (or other comodities) through a sea they control.

Frankly, I am surprised the deal lasted as long as it did. Frankly, the deal was just a facade, to make Russia look better, on the world stage.

We get used to Christian based morals, and forget that Russia is not encumbered by those (despite the propaganda being fed through certain church channels, to the contrary).

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:21 am

ReadyMom wrote:Nationwide Amoxicillin shortage expected to hit local pharmacies
https://www.wsaw.com/2022/10/26/nationwide-amoxicillin-shortage-expected-hit-local-pharmacies/

RELATED:

What it means for preppers:

Keep your supplies guarded, and your mouth shut, if you have any antibiotics in your stores.

Remember, the lawless government that is currently in power won't have any problem taking stuff from you, by force, under false pretenses.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:56 pm

TRex2 wrote:
ReadyMom wrote:Nationwide Amoxicillin shortage expected to hit local pharmacies

RELATED:

What it means for preppers:

Keep your supplies guarded, and your mouth shut, if you have any antibiotics in your stores.

Remember, the lawless government that is currently in power won't have any problem taking stuff from you, by force, under false pretenses.

I spoke to a doctor friend and they told me the shortage was already here... Keep doing the things and stack it to the ceiling

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:58 am

Dave58 wrote:
TRex2 wrote:What it means for preppers:

I spoke to a doctor friend and they told me the shortage was already here...  Keep doing the things and stack it to the ceiling
Amoxicillan is just one of a dozen things that will be in short supply, in the future. A lot of us need to practice OPSEC. Specifically, many of us give too much information about what is in our "stores."

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:19 am

2 Catastrophic Things Are About to Happen to Our Supply Chain in November
https://www.theorganicprepper.com/supply-chain-storm-november/

... we’re facing a new challenge in what can only be described as a looming transportation collapse. Two things are slated to happen within the next month that could make what we’ve experienced so far look like a walk in the park.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:13 am

ReadyMom wrote:2 Catastrophic Things Are About to Happen to Our Supply Chain in November

... we’re facing a new challenge in what can only be described as a looming transportation collapse. Two things are slated to happen within the next month that could make what we’ve experienced so far look like a walk in the park.

People need to wake up, 'cause it's only going to get worse. This is all by design by this demonrat administration.

Control a country's energy and/or control the water, you control the people.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:42 am

ReadyMom wrote:2 Catastrophic Things Are About to Happen to Our Supply Chain in November

One thing the article missed, that I have recently become aware of is that ships have been forced (about two years ago) to move from bunker fuel to diesel (oversimplification), which raises the price of diesel, makes the diesel shortages worse, and may cause ships to divert to ports where they are more likely to be able to acquire fuel.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:47 am

rick1 wrote:
Another thing that shows up in the article ReadyMom linked to affects the up coming rail strike:
“Railroaders are discouraged and upset with working conditions and compensation and hold their employer in low regard. Railroaders do not feel valued,” BMWED President Tony D. Cardwell said in a statement Monday announcing the vote outcome. “They resent the fact that management holds no regard for their quality of life, illustrated by their stubborn reluctance to provide a higher quantity of paid time off, especially for sickness.”

The tentative pact stemmed from two years of negotiations between the carriers and unions, and the White House appointed an emergency board in early July to mediate. One of the sticking points was a points-based attendance policy adopted by some of the largest carriers earlier this year. Those policies can penalize workers for missing work for routine doctor’s appointments or family emergencies.
These aren't snot nosed kids peeking out of the mother's basement and whining about not being valued.

These are middle aged men (and some women) who might just "throw down" and decide that if the railroads want to play hard ball, then, let's play hard ball. (Frankly, I have seen employers like this, before, and don't blame them.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:41 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:31 pm

The primary drug they are talking about, in the article, is amoxicillin.

Amoxicillin is, I think, the weakest antibiotic allowed to be used on humans, because any weaker antibiotic would simply give rise to more antibiotic resistant germs. If it isn't available, there are several stronger antibiotics that work well, in its place.
(If enough people do that, though,
we could have a shortage of those ... )

The problem is threefold (they are simply miscounting). There is a shortage of the raw materials  to make the drug, and a big part of that is the supply chain to China, which is currently not keeping up, due to Covid. Second, there is a big increase in flu and RSV cases, some of which will result in other illnesses that amoxicillin is used to treat.

The third problem is the 25% of prescriptions written each year, which are unnecessary. These "extra" prescriptions, which are sometimes used "just in case" or other times just to please the patient, deplete the supply channels. Usually this isn't a problem, we just manufacture more, but this time "more" isn't an option.  

Dr Siegel usually knows his stuff, and people should listen to him. His advice about masks and wiping down surfaces won't completely stop the problem, however, but it will slow it down. Hopefully, slowing down the spread will give the supply channels enough time to recover.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:24 am

The tentative pact stemmed from two years of negotiations between the carriers and unions, and the White House appointed an emergency board in early July to mediate. One of the sticking points was a points-based attendance policy adopted by some of the largest carriers earlier this year. Those policies can penalize workers for missing work for routine doctor’s appointments or family emergencies.
These are middle aged men (and some women) who might just "throw down" and decide that if the railroads want to play hard ball, then, let's play hard ball. (Frankly, I have seen employers like this, before, and don't blame them.)
Well, it looks like the strike has been put off until Dec 4th.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:22 am

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:02 pm

TRex2 wrote:...
The bottom line is that the margins were narrow in the NorthEast, and now, in the SouthEast, also.  
I haven't found too much that is new on this topic. It seems that reserves are still in the neighborhood of 25 days of fuel.

On a similar topic, Europe has rallied, and their extreme conservation measures have allowed them to top off their reserves, and even cut back on how much natural gas they are importing from us. When Winter sets in, however, the story may be different.

But I did find an article that claims these 7 states will be the most impacted:
Alabama, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia.

Seems odd that these aren't New England States.

https://www.newsweek.com/diesel-shortage-hit-these-seven-states-hardest-us-energy-1756300
These shortages, write Mansfield Energy, are due to a combination of "poor pipeline shipping economics and historically low diesel inventories."

I wonder how conservation measures will work in the Eastern US.

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:52 pm

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:11 pm

To be honest, love to see it happen in NYC, LA, Chicago, ya know, the cities that are the so called elite.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:40 am

TRex2 wrote:
The primary drug they are talking about, in the article, is amoxicillin.
I just checked the pharmaceutical supply shortage lists, and amoxicillin is still listed, but the list was updated on the 18th of Nov. Unfortunately, I don't know what it said before.

The shortage appears to be mild, with some companies list amoxicillin on "intermittent" backorder and others on "allocation."

I did notice, about a week ago, if you have some sick fish, fishmox is still available.
(I don't recommend the powder in an envelope, for reasons beyond the scope of this thread.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:46 am

TRex2 wrote:

One thing the article missed, that I have recently become aware of is that ships have been forced (about two years ago) to move from bunker fuel to diesel (oversimplification), which raises the price of diesel, makes the diesel shortages worse, and may cause ships to divert to ports where they are more likely to be able to acquire fuel.
Here is another article about why diesel (and heating oil) prices are so high.
https://www.freightwaves.com/news/diesel-prices-soaring-beyond-crude-gasoline-and-likely-to-stay-that-way
In a recent report, Verleger makes a similar argument. He sees the biggest difference as the structural changes in the market, many of them related to government mandates, having permanently altered the diesel market into a situation where traditional spreads between crude and diesel, and diesel and gasoline, have disappeared and won’t be returning. (Addendum: Nothing in the oil market is truly permanent, so it’s a relative term.)

In his report, Verleger lays out five basic facts about diesel’s chemistry, which is key to understanding why its supply has tightened so much and why its price has climbed well beyond increases in crude and gasoline.

Two factors Verleger cites are well known: Refining oil produces a level of diesel that is a percentage of output but which structurally can’t be easily increased; and that each crude has its unique chemistry that produces varying yields of diesel and other products.

But Verleger also cites lesser-known factors.

One, the low-sulfur crudes that are good feedstocks to make desulfurized diesel are in declining supply. Two (and this ties back to the low-sulfur supply), sulfur must be removed from diesel due to government mandates. And three, “such desulfurization capacity is limited and expensive to construct.”

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:15 pm

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11