Go down

Threats to our Food Supply - Page 4 Empty Re: Threats to our Food Supply

Post by Dave58 Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:19 pm

Dave58

TRex2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:42 pm

In case someone doesn't like that source, here is another.
Says about the same.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-warns-americans-food-shortage-gonna-be-real-following-sanctions-russia
President Biden said Thursday that a food shortage is "gonna be real" following the sanctions that were placed on Russia by the U.S. government as a result of Russian President Vladimir Putin's invasion into Ukraine.

"With regard to food shortage, yes we did talk about food shortages, and it's gonna be real," Biden said during a press conference at a NATO summit in Brussels, Belgium, following a meeting with other world leaders.

"The price of the sanctions is not just imposed upon Russia," he added. "It’s imposed upon an awful lot of countries as well, including European countries and our country as well."
The "good old days" ended, when Biden took office.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:38 am

I was setting here drinking my coffee and reading the news and suddenly it hit me.....

The Pres. made public that there is going to be a food shortage.. This will be worse than announcing a Ice storm is coming every.. Everybody will decide now is the time to stock up and I think this has the potential to go sideways very quickly ..

So if you need to maybe grab a little something extra now is the time..

On a side note our local grocery put a limit of 2 boxes of saltines per person...... Who would have thought about hoarding crackers ?????

Dave58

rick1 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:44 am

Dave58 wrote:I was setting here drinking my coffee and reading the news and suddenly it hit me.....

The Pres. made public that there is going to be a food shortage.. This will be worse than announcing a Ice storm is coming every.. Everybody will decide now is the time to stock up and I think this has the potential to go sideways very quickly ..

I was thinking the same thing, as I watched this morning's news.

TRex2

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:48 am

TRex2 wrote:
Dave58 wrote:I was setting here drinking my coffee and reading the news and suddenly it hit me.....

I was thinking the same thing, as I watched this morning's news.

The farmers are having a bad enough time as it is, drought, fuel and fertilizer prices, etc..

Just how much do you think you're going to pay for a box of cereal or a loaf of bread, you think inflation is bad now, just wait.

The head clown also promised the EU that the U.S. would send them liquified natural gas, how much do you think you're going to pay for your natural gas, (if you use it). Some analyst say it's going to double or even triple in price by summer, unless joe crow reverses his executive orders from when he took office.

rick1

TRex2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:27 pm

Hat Tip  Hat tip to John West, World Wide Threats:

The war in Ukraine is creating a massive grain shortage. What does that mean for the rest of the world?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/president-biden-warns-real-grocery-shortages-are-coming/ar-AAVuRyn?ocid=iehp&li=BBnb7Kz

Together, Russia and Ukraine account for 30 percent of the world’s exported wheat, and the Agricultural Market Information System—an international group focusing on global food-policy initiatives—estimates that 25 countries source at least half of their supplies from the two countries.

In the United States, the shortage will mean higher prices for bread and cereal, says Christopher Bosso, professor of public policy at Northeastern, because the country is among the world’s main grain producers already and supplies much of its own demand. The jump in price is more tied to rising fuel and shipping costs than production costs.

“Even if the war is resolved fairly quickly, it may still be several years of having very tight commodity supplies,”

ReadyMom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:44 pm

I wrote about this over in the supply chain thread.
https://emergencyhomeprep.forumotion.com/t1398p400-supply-chain-observations-and-questions#13823
(Follow the thread for at least a few postings )

The bottom line is: I expect the price of most food products to rise, substantially, possibly double, in the next dozen months.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:42 pm

Interesting read. More interesting reads at the bottom of the page of the first link, very interesting reads.

Corn Pop says the Ukraine war is going to affect our food supply, but carrot top says it wouldn't have an impact on the U.S.. Which one is telling the truth:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2022/03/24/biden-warns-america-a-food-shortage-is-coming-n2605004

https://nypost.com/2022/03/17/looming-food-shortages-is-worlds-next-slow-moving-disaster/

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/wheat-prices-food-shortage-fears

rick1

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:24 pm

rick1 wrote:Interesting read. More interesting reads at the bottom of the page of the first link, very interesting reads.

Corn Pop says the Ukraine war is going to affect our food supply, but carrot top says it wouldn't have an impact on the U.S.. Which one is telling the truth:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2022/03/24/biden-warns-america-a-food-shortage-is-coming-n2605004

https://nypost.com/2022/03/17/looming-food-shortages-is-worlds-next-slow-moving-disaster/

I have been following the post on here and when Biden announced a food shortage nobody said anything..... I don't know about your hometowns but if they even say anything like Ice storm or blizzard you have to fight your way inside the grocery store and there is nothing left on the shelf , but so far Wal-Mart had some empty shelves that's about it....What really worries me is the fact that most of the people I have talked to are " O well what else could happen "

How are things in your part of the world ??

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:50 pm

Dave58 wrote:
rick1 wrote:Interesting read. More interesting reads at the bottom of the page of the first link, very interesting reads.

I have been following the post on here and when Biden announced a food shortage nobody said anything..... I don't know about your hometowns but if they even say anything like Ice storm or blizzard you have to fight your way inside the grocery store and there is nothing left on the shelf , but so far Wal-Mart had some empty shelves that's about it....What really worries me is the fact that most of the people I have talked to are " O well what else could happen "

How are things in your part of the world ??

Nothing different here, nobody seems to know or care on what is on the horizon. The stores are pretty well stocked, people just complaining about the prices. Heck, I wonder what they'll be saying about the prices in a month or so, let alone the shortages that are coming.

A friend of mine owns a beer distributer and I stop over to see him on my way over to the daughters house, he said beer has gone up twice since January. He now is raising his prices next week because they are charging him a fuel surcharge, so he's passing it on.

He said people are complaining about beer going up, but they still buy the beer.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:57 pm

I'm afraid the people that don't seem to care are the ones that will turn ugly when/if things get real tight...

Enjoy your cold beer Cheers2

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:02 am

I'm blessed to live in farm country, so we can buy everything local as needed.

Our Walmart has been stuffing empty shelves with things that don't belong there...(diapers in the canned goods aisle).

Pet food is getting hard to find. My cats may have to start mousing again to supplement their food supply. We've cut them back on canned food, although I still leave dry food out. I have plenty to make homemade dog food, so that's not an issue.

A friend who comes down from the big city near us (2 hours away), says eggs are $10 a dozen. Surprised

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:39 pm

Cinnamon wrote:...
A friend who comes down from the big city near us (2 hours away), says eggs are $10 a dozen.  Surprised
Wow, am I glad I don't live there. (Whichever city that is.)

Eggs are still less than $3 a dozen here.
At least they were, last week.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:21 pm

TRex2 wrote:
Cinnamon wrote:...
A friend who comes down from the big city near us (2 hours away), says eggs are $10 a dozen.  Surprised
Wow, am I glad I don't live there. (Whichever city that is.)

Eggs are still less than $3 a dozen here.
At least they were, last week.

Prices for food in the cities are always higher, I saw milk in NYC (FOX News) for 9.95/gal and that's on sale.

I grow my own eggs.

I looked this morning and eggs were 1.89/dz at the store, they went down quite a bit.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:27 pm

We have several local sources for eggs, still $2 a dozen for free range, farm fresh.

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:14 am

We just got notified by Amazon that our pet food subscription can't be filled this month but we could choose alternates if we wanted. Fortunately I have about 8 months of food, so I don't have to go through the pain of trying new kibble for the cats and seeing what they eat (finicky eaters barely describes our cats.) Sigh.

Canned cat food has been interesting at the wholesale club, but I'm up to a one year supply for the cats now, so hopefully we can weather this without digging into my human canned meat supplies. Cool

dmwalsh568

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:13 am

dmwalsh568 wrote:We just got notified by Amazon that our pet food subscription can't be filled this month but we could choose alternates if we wanted. Fortunately I have about 8 months of food, so I don't have to go through the pain of trying new kibble for the cats and seeing what they eat (finicky eaters barely describes our cats.) Sigh.

Canned cat food has been interesting at the wholesale club, but I'm up to a one year supply for the cats now, so hopefully we can weather this without digging into my human canned meat supplies. Cool
There was an increase, in 2020, of the number of pets people are keeping. I saw news of pet food shortages in Texas stores last year. I guess those cute baby Rottweiler pups eat a lot after they grow for a year or two, especially if you have a male and female, and don't get them fixed.

(Yes, I have a poor opinion of people's judgement, when it comes to pets. An opinion that gets reinforced almost every day.)

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:47 am

Food shortage continues and gets worse, report from the week of March 7th. Seems like people are panic buying/stocking up, listen to the video:

https://www.thomasnet.com/insights/meat-coffee-dairy-frozen-food-shortages-spread-as-consumers-stock-up/

Dave58 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:18 pm

rick1 wrote:Food shortage continues and gets worse, report from the week of March 7th. Seems like people are panic buying/stocking up, listen to the video:

https://www.thomasnet.com/insights/meat-coffee-dairy-frozen-food-shortages-spread-as-consumers-stock-up/
Wow. You guys get some awesome links.

I tend to stay with the same sites and aggregators, so coming here is like arriving at a buffet.

TRex2

ReadyMom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:59 pm

Husband and I had a rare day without relatives needing us and took off to have lunch together. Hit Walmart on the way home...it was almost as well stocked as it was in the old days! We did a bit of impulse buying but I got another case of cat food, so practical buying too.

Neighbors have decided with us to change our shopping day. We shall see if it's better stocked NOT on Fridays.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:12 pm

rick1 wrote:Food shortage continues and gets worse, report from the week of March 7th. Seems like people are panic buying/stocking up, listen to the video:

People are paying attention, this time vs the pandemic rush. There's something to having a head-start on this. Especially the financial end, since stuff is SO expensive now. I'm going to try and GENTLY prod a few folks around me to consider stocking their pantry a bit. I know one person who hasn't in the past, but is now. That's a start.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:18 am

Cinnamon wrote:Husband and I had a rare day without relatives needing us and took off to have lunch together. Hit Walmart on the way home...it was almost as well stocked as it was in the old days! We did a bit of impulse buying but I got another case of cat food, so practical buying too.

Neighbors have decided with us to change our shopping day. We shall see if it's better stocked NOT on Fridays.
Some areas are doing better than others. I had been getting some bad reports from N.Carolina, but will admit I haven't looked in almost a month, and Kansas City had some shortages in March, but things are going well here in the Ozark Redoubt.

Then too, some places are hiding the shortages. One local WalMart just did a major readjustment on Isle Width. The difference is subtle, but there are one fewer Isles now, thus, it takes less to fill the shelves. On the nice side, it isn't as hard to maneuver a cart around the store Laughing

I read a report from a supply system analyst that said 85% of orders are getting filled. Much better than the 60% that was filled around two years ago, but still not what it was in 2019.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:35 am

Diaper choices seem to be in short supply. Our local Walmart only had their own brand, not just of diapers, but the wipes, too.

I do know that formula is in very short supply. The niece who had the baby, is having difficulty finding it. I ordered some for her because Walmart is liming buyers to 2 containers. Size doesn't seem to matter, but the limit in stores in two different states is 2. Not sure if this is nation-wide.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:46 pm

I just returned from the grocer, and the pasta section is almost wiped out. I had forgotten, it was the same, last week.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:04 pm

TRex2 wrote:I just returned from the grocer, and the pasta section is almost wiped out. I had forgotten, it was the same, last week.

Yeah, pasta has been slim pickings at my local stores too. And saltines were MIA once again.

Looks like people are noticing the disruptions and snapping stuff up when it shows up then it's gone for a while again. Sigh.

dmwalsh568

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:31 pm

Just got back from the grocery...

Crackers 2 boxes only per customer.. No biscuits fresh or froze.. Breaded chicken fingers 2 per customer ( they are great in a salad ).... Pet food really slim... Fresh salad looked really bad.... Can't wait to plant the garden

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:41 pm

No canned veggies. Some canned fruits. Hardly any pasta! I got the canned orange cinnamon rolls, finally. (Good for quickie guest breakfast).

I ordered formula online for niece - 2 cans. They only charged me for 1, and only sent 1. So I guess they're rationing online, too.

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:15 am

Cinnamon wrote:No canned veggies. Some canned fruits. Hardly any pasta! I got the canned orange cinnamon rolls, finally. (Good for quickie guest breakfast).

I ordered formula online for niece - 2 cans. They only charged me for 1, and only sent 1. So I guess they're rationing online, too.
I think you have just confirmed the pasta shortage is nationwide.

Things made with pasta (like mac and cheese) are still on the shelf.
For now.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:45 pm

I may have spoken too soon. I just saw video walk thru of stores in Georgia and Ohio, and both showed some pasta still on the shelf, so it isn't all gone yet.

Could just be the trucking schedule, and those stores may have been resupplied the day before the video.

I have had information from Virginia and N. Carolina that pasta is all but gone, and of course, Cinnamon is in "the Midwest" an I am in the Ozarks.

I would say supplies of pasta will probably be spotty for a few weeks. Beyond that, I don't know, other than to say, I expect price increases.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:05 pm

These guys are usually thought to be a bit alarmist, but maybe it is time to sound the alarm.

https://peakoil.com/consumption/the-global-fertilizer-shortage-means-that-far-less-food-will-be-grown-all-over-the-planet-in-2022
But these days, experts are telling us that a global shortage of fertilizer could result in horrifying famines all over the world. Right now, to a very large degree we are still eating food that was produced in 2021. But by the end of the year, to a very large degree we will be eating food that was produced in 2022.

Unfortunately for all of us, it appears that a lack of fertilizer will mean that far less food is grown in 2022 than originally anticipated.

Thanks to an unprecedented explosion in energy prices, we were already facing a fertilizer crisis even before the war in Ukraine, but now that war has definitely taken things to the next level.

Under normal conditions, a great deal of the world’s fertilizer comes from either Russia, Belarus or Ukraine…

A fertilizer shortage has added to growing concerns about the Ukraine war’s impact on the price and scarcity of certain basic foods.

Combined, Russia and Belarus had provided about 40% of the world’s exports of potash, according to Morgan Stanley. Russia’s exports were hit by sanctions. Further, in February, a major Belarus producer declared force majeure — a statement that it wouldn’t be able to uphold its contracts due to forces beyond its control.

Russia also exported 11% of the world’s urea, and 48% of the ammonium nitrate. Russia and Ukraine together export 28% of fertilizers made from nitrogen and phosphorous, as well as potassium, according to Morgan Stanley.

Global hunger rose significantly in both 2020 and 2021, but what we are going to be dealing with in the months ahead is going to be completely unlike anything that we have dealt with in the past.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:03 am

Food and material shortage will continue, or even get a lot worse. From baby formula to paper towels, from eggs to meats and even the vegan's are going to have problems.

The shelves at our giant eagle are full of pastas. I took an inventory yesterday and just came back from giant eagle with a 2 year supply of pastas, now I just got to put it away and log it in the inventory log.

Here's a good article on food shortages from March 25th:

https://parade.com/1332615/jessicasager/food-shortages-2022/

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:16 am

Food prices will continue their march upwards as supply is constrained. It'll hit budgets hard in the developed world. In less well to do areas starvation and food riots are almost guaranteed.  Crying or Very sad

It's going to get ugly before things improve.

It was bad enough before Russia invaded Ukraine, with that insanity still going on now that the planting season is being missed the problems are being turned up to 11. Sigh.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:45 am

I got a notice from Murray Hatchery that they would be drastically cutting back on shipping chicks or in some cases not shipping at all because of the bird flu.....

I have a incubator might be able to make a little cash Cool CartoonHen

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:31 pm

Hat Tip to Violet, for finding this:

Yellen Plans Global Food-Crisis Summit as IMF, UN Urge Action
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-04-13/yellen-to-convene-global-food-crisis-gathering-as-costs-surge

U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen will convene a meeting of top international financial officials next week to address a global food-security crisis, with the heads of institutions including the IMF urging action to address dire consequences of record price surges caused by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

“With over 275 million people facing acute food insecurity, I am deeply concerned about the impact of Russia’s war on food prices and supply, particularly on poor populations,” Yellen said in a speech to the Atlantic Council think tank in Washington Wednesday.

Admin

TRex2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:04 pm

ReadyMom wrote:Hat Tip to Violet, for finding this:

Yellen Plans Global Food-Crisis Summit as IMF, UN Urge Action
They are convening a crisis summit, even as the UN Food and Agriculture Organization insists there is no crisis...

Which is why the last article I cited, was from the "peakoil" website.
I think the UN "experts" are doing what the WHO did with the pandemic, back in Feb 2020.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:45 pm

Prepare Now for the Long-Term Effects of the Fertilizer Crisis
https://mypatriotsupply.com/blogs/scout/prepare-now-for-the-long-term-effects-of-the-fertilizer-crisis

Something bizarre is happening… there’s an issue that everyone in the media actually agrees on!

Regardless of where you get your news, you'll hear pundits talking about the looming food crisis along with the fertilizer shortages that are making it so much worse.

There is no question that this is happening, and that it’s being spurred on by the current conflict in Ukraine. The only question is: how big is the problem going to get?

Read on to see why the fertilizer crisis will have a devastating ripple effect across the globe, from our grocery stores to our homes.

Admin

rick1, Dave58 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue May 03, 2022 8:20 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie Wed May 04, 2022 11:09 pm

Someone humor me here.

When have the globalists, the elites, the 1 Percenters, the IMF, Wall Street, the Federal Reserve or the White House EVER DONE YOU A FAVOR IN THE PAST AND ALERTED THE AVERAGE GUY TO ANYTHING AND TOLD THE TRUTH ABOUT IT?

Jimmy Carter, 1977 "the world will be out of oil by 1980"
Y2K? Your bank funds will disappear
The Dot Com Bust? Enron energy traders, etc.
9/11? Tom Ridge, plastic up your windows?
WMD in Iraq?
Hurricane Katrina/Rita?
We killed OBL and buried him at sea?
Mortgage meltdown of 2008?
We now have a Disinformation Czar strategically placed in DHS (read national emergency)

And now the WH is blaming Putin for inflation and mass starvation so you better run and empty the shelves now.

We are being played.

Blondie

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu May 05, 2022 7:55 am

Blondie wrote:Someone humor me here.

When have the globalists, the elites, the 1 Percenters,  the IMF, Wall Street, the Federal Reserve or the White House EVER DONE YOU A FAVOR IN THE PAST AND ALERTED THE AVERAGE GUY TO ANYTHING AND TOLD THE TRUTH ABOUT IT?

Y2K?  Your bank funds will disappear
9/11?   Tom Ridge, plastic up your windows?
WMD in Iraq?
Hurricane Katrina/Rita?
We now have a Disinformation Czar strategically placed in DHS (read national emergency)

And now the WH is blaming Putin for inflation and mass starvation so you better run and empty the shelves now.

We are being played.

I agree 100% but to what end ??? Also you can't forget about the bird flu we need to get rid of our chickens.. CartoonHen

I will need to invest a few cups of coffee thinking about this one..

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu May 05, 2022 9:32 am

Dave, you mean you can afford a couple cups of coffee, I use the old coffee grounds twice, can't afford the joe crow 2.0 fresh stuff anymore. Laughing

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu May 05, 2022 3:22 pm

We are being played.
OK, I guess that is humorous.

But I will tell you that the only reason they are trying to blame Putin is because people are not buying it, when they try to blame Trump.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie Sat May 07, 2022 8:22 pm

A major cause of inflation is when you have a line of ready customers wanting to purchase a limited number of goods. Retailers/sellers are free to price gouge everything from gasoline to food, housing, rents, etc.

This price gouging is why companies like Shell just posted record profits. Best since 2008! If the price of oil, refining, supply chain and wages were to blame as they want you to believe it would have eaten away from the bottom line.

As far as Trump policies fueling the fire I agree to a point. But it kept people in their homes paying their mortgages, rent, car notes and buying food. There were no mass evictions as predicted, there are no mass foreclosures and few used vehicles for sale which says few repo vehicles on the market.

People were stashing cash and sitting on the sidelines not in the stock market. Enter supply chain issues creating shortages emptying those savings due to inflation. Create hyperinflation? Their goal is to get people at the bottom and those retired to return to work for as little as Mega Corps can pay because people cant make ends meet.

Blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun May 08, 2022 7:52 am

Well, I think I will have to address some of this, here.

If this posting was supposed to be humor, well, I apologize, but, a little like saying: "where did the time go," to Einstein. He might not take it rhetorically.  

When have the globalists, the elites, the 1 Percenters,  the IMF, Wall Street, the Federal Reserve or the White House EVER DONE YOU A FAVOR IN THE PAST AND ALERTED THE AVERAGE GUY TO ANYTHING AND TOLD THE TRUTH ABOUT IT?
The list above, I will simply refer to as "elites," but I will have to say that it isn't
the 1percent, it is the 0.01percent, that run things.

Y2K?  Your bank funds will disappear
I actually don't remember the first one being said, and the second one, many of us in the tech world worked our asses off to keep things in tact, only to be told: "see nothing happened, it was all a hoax."
No, we stopped it.

OK, the elites were the problem with the second.
Idiot dot com (temporary) millionaires were in charge of the first.

9/11?  Tom Ridge, plastic up your windows?
Obviously Tom Ridge was out of his depth. Way out.

WMD in Iraq?
They were there. We found them. You were never told, because it went against the Deep State's agenda, which was to make "W" look bad.

Hurricane Katrina/Rita?
People were told. Multiple times. Days ahead. They had no excuse.

Probably did. The guy who shot him said he did.
Don't know what else to say.

Greed. Yep. The elites did that to us. The White House sent a total of 17 warnings to Congress and those who control interest and mortgage rates. All were ignored, because again, it didn't fit the Deep State's agenda, which was to make "W" look bad.

And who better to run it, than the Leftist who pushed the most disinformation? Gotta Love It.

There will be a food shortage, in the next year or two. I am still studying this, and will get back to you on it. The US won't starve, but I think grain in Ukraine will spoil and people in some parts of the world will starve, as a result. Our prices will go up.

We are being played.
I agree, but it is more subtle, and involves more entities, than most people are willing to believe.

TRex2

ReadyMom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat May 28, 2022 7:19 am

I found this on gab.com, by BeachMilk, it's from World Wildlife Fund, from November 12, 2015, almost 7 years ago.

Go to gab.com and listen to her narrate the findings of their game play. It's exactly what is going on today, but here is what I found on the net and it's not pretty:

https://www.cargill.com/story/food-chain-reaction-simulation-ends-with-global-carbon-tax

What's your thoughts on the subject????????????????

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue May 31, 2022 7:52 pm

Gas jumped .30 per gallon here today....

Southern Indiana

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue May 31, 2022 9:06 pm

Dave58 wrote:Gas jumped .30 per gallon here today....

Southern Indiana

Ya know Dave, a couple of years ago I bought a 50cc, 2 stroke motor for one of my old bikes. Everyone laughed at me down town.

With the price of gas, none of them are laughing now. I get 110 mile/gallon and it'll get up to 25mph.

Maybe you may want to get one to run around the area, it's a lot of fun.

P.S. Wait until it's time for people to heat their homes.

Last edited by rick1 on Tue May 31, 2022 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add heating homes)

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue May 31, 2022 9:33 pm

Things are going to get tough this winter......

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:00 am

Just found this I don't know if it true or not ..

Just food for thought

Its kinda long

I ran across this on the intertubes, for what it's worth.
Do you know what DEF fluid is? It's Diesel Exhaust Fluid. Every Diesel truck that has been made since 2010 is required to use it. It's a product made of 67% Urea fertilizer and 33% distilled water. Every diesel truck you see driving down the road today has to have this product to drive. The engines won't start without it. There are regulators inside the engine that mix DEF with the Diesel to reduce Diesel emissions. That's the purpose of DEF.

Right now, Russia is the largest exporter of Urea by a wide margin. Qatar is second. Egypt and China are Tied for 3rd. Both Russia and China have decided to no longer export Urea. On top of that, India is the largest manufacturer of Urea in the world even though they consume most of what they make. What little they would export..........they no longer do. They are now stopping the exportation of any and all Urea minus a deal they just cut with Sri Lanka.

What does this mean for you and me? Well, first, the United States imports most of its Urea fertilizer. We are the third largest importer in the entire world. We depend on other countries to eat, drive and ship our products.

Secondly... Flying J is the largest Service provider for Truckers around the United States. I'm sure you've seen their massive gas stations when traveling around the country. Flying J gets 70% of their DEF fluid from shipments via Union Pacific railroad. UP has single user access to the Fertilizer plants that Urea/DEF fluid comes from. No other rail provider has access to these distribution points. This means Flying J can't just go around Union Pacific. Union Pacific is in charge....for a reason I'm gonna mention in a few paragraphs.

Flying J provides 30% of all DEF consumed in the United States. UP has told Flying J to reduce their shipments by a whopping 50%. And if they do not comply then they will be completely embargoed. That would in effect bankrupt FJ. This means that 15% of all DEF consumed by truckers in the US is no longer available at the largest travel service center for the entire trucking industry.

Rome rotted from the inside out. It was easily invaded because it was occupied with internal problems. It appears we have discovered the Trigger. DEF fluid. If this holds up, DEF shortages will be the catalyst that causes food shortages in the coming months. Not only is there a shortage of fertilizer to grow crops in drought-stricken states (See Kansas' drop in wheat production for 2022)....but....now it looks like, unless the Federal Government intervenes via the Defense Production Act, ...which I am no longer confident they will....there is going be an absolute massive shortage of trucking in the coming months.

There simply isn't going to be DEF fluid sufficient to keep the engines running and moving. Home Depot is now limiting the amount of DEF you can buy in their stores.

I would think long and hard about the decisions you are making right now. Where you live. What you spend money on. How you prepare. This is so real that the CEO of Flying J, Shameek Konar was summoned to a Surface Transportation Board hearing to give them all this info.

From what I'm reading....Blackrock is the majority shareholder of Union Pacific railroad. How is that important? America's biggest fertilizer producer is CF Industries. Their largest shareholder is Blackrock. Blackrock controls the fertilizer industry in the U.S.. Union Pacific has exclusive rights to distribution points of fertilizer. Urea is fertilizer. Flying J needs Urea/DEF. Blackrock is controlling everything.

The Chairman of the BlackRock Investment Institute is Tom Donilon, President Obama’s former National Security Advisor. Tom Donilon’s brother, Mike Donilon is a Senior Advisor to Joe Biden. Tom Donilon’s wife, Catherine Russell, is the White House Personnel Director. Tom Donilon’s daughter, Sarah Donilon, who graduated college in 2019, now works on the White House National Security Council.

It appears Blackrock is spearheading the dismantling of the US system on behalf of the Globalists. And the first domino they are pushing over is the energy sector. They are using DEF to get the party started.  This is one sector of the biggest downfalls in political repercussions this country has ever faced…

1d

Last edited by ReadyMom on Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just separated the paragraphs for easy reading.)

Dave58

rick1 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:42 am

Looks to be true Dave, there's many articles on this, here's another one:

https://marketrealist.com/p/def-shortage/

P.S. Grow a bigger garden, cut lots of firewood, get some cows, pigs, chickens and lots and lots of ammo, you'll need it.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:52 pm

rick1 wrote:Looks to be true Dave, there's many articles on this, here's another one:

https://marketrealist.com/p/def-shortage/

P.S. Grow a bigger garden, cut lots of firewood, get some cows, pigs, chickens and lots and lots of ammo, you'll need it.
Yep. Ammo too. Urea is necessary for rifle and shotgun powders.
(There are alternatives, but this could disrupt some supply chains.)

https://www.liquisearch.com/smokeless_powder/smokeless_propellant_components

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:30 am

Time for another update on world food supplies and stockpiles. The previous one was in early March, and for some reason, I put it under supply chain issues. Possibly because Russia had just trashed the supply chains coming out of their own, and Ukrainian, ports.

The FAO is now showing that the war will have an effect (well, better late than never?).
Here is the link to the current analysis. I don't know where they get archived.
https://www.fao.org/worldfoodsituation/csdb/en/

Some highlights:
FAO’s latest estimates indicate a year-on-year 0.9 percent increase in global cereal production in 2021, largely attributed to a higher maize output. Cereal utilization is also estimated to increase in 2021/22, by 1.1 percent, driven by (in order of magnitude) expansions in food consumption (especially of wheat and rice), other uses (largely of maize), and feed use (mostly of maize). Based on world cereal production and utilization estimates, cereal stocks at the end of seasons in 2022 are seen rising above their opening levels, but remaining below the record levels reached in 2018/19. Global trade in cereals in 2021/22 is estimated below the 2020/21 record level, mostly owing to an expected fall in global maize trade and reflecting the impact of disruptions caused by the war in Ukraine.
This is saying that they don't think the war will significantly impact supplies and stockpiles, this year, but will impact transportation. I have some doubts as to how easy it will be to harvest and store grain in a war zone. The UN is still counting grain in Ukraine and Russia as available to the world.

Looking forward to the 2022/23 season, early prospects for cereal production in 2022 point to a likely decrease, which would mark the first decline in four years. Based on the conditions of crops already in the ground and planting intentions for those yet to be sown, world cereal output is forecast to fall to 2 784 million tonnes (including rice in milled equivalent), which is down 16 million tonnes from the record output estimated for 2021. Among the major cereals, the largest decline is foreseen for maize, followed by wheat and rice. By contrast, global outturns of barley and sorghum will likely increase in 2022, to represent a partial rebound from the reduced level for barley in 2021 and the highest production level of sorghum since 2016.
So, here, they are recognizing that grain that isn't planted won't grow. I don't think they have calculated the losses from lack of fertilizer, yet.

Based on FAO’s initial forecasts for global cereal production in 2022 and utilization in 2022/23, cereal output would not be sufficient to meet the expected utilization requirements, leading to a 0.4 percent contraction in global cereal stocks from their opening levels, to 847 million tonnes. At the current levels of utilization and stock forecasts, the world cereal stocks-to-use ratio would drop from 30.5 percent in 2021/22 to 29.6 percent in 2022/23, the lowest level since 2013/14 but still well above the record low of 21.4 percent registered in 2007/08.
I still think this is overly optimistic. As a reminder, when stocks dropped below 22%, in 2008, there were riots in several countries, and prices in the US rose dramatically. (I didn't track them, then, so I can't give numbers.)

Tighter supplies and market uncertainty, especially for wheat, maize and barley, as well as rising energy and input prices, will likely keep world cereal prices elevated, at least through the first half of the 2022/23 season.

For more detailed analysis of cereal markets, see the June issue of Food Outlook, which will be released on 9 June 2022.
So, they are marginally aware of the "increased input prices," which really means fertilizer shortages.

Will be interesting to see their "June issue of Food Outlook."

TRex2

rick1, Dave58 and dmwalsh568 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:02 pm

Dave58

TRex2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:07 pm

Holy Hanna, if that would happen, not only will people freeze to death in winter, they'll starve to death.

What is sad about all of this, is that we could eliminate all of this by just pumping our own energy, but crow bait joe says NO.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:25 am

Not sure why JPMorgan would be pushing this nonsense, unless it is a Pump and Dump scheme.

There is a "self limiting" mechanism, in oil pricing.

It is a lot like:
If I heat water from 70degrees to 170degrees in 10 minutes,
will it go to 270 degrees in another 10 minute?

No, there is a self limiting mechanism at 212.

It isn't quite as stark, with oil, but at some range (right now, that seems to be $165 to $220) consumption drops sufficiently to impede further rise. Remember when we discussed $170 a barrel, a few months back? The self limiting mechanism has kept it below $120. Under dire stress, it will rise further, but each dollar requires more stress than the previous dollar.

Rick1 is right, though, if we get enough of a cut to production, Europeans will freeze to death, and starve. We will be cold and complaining about the price of food. Some people here in the US will get pretty hungry.

TRex2

Dave58 and dmwalsh568 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:32 pm

I thought I would put this here. It seems to go along with our food supply..

https://unherd.com/thepost/brace-for-winter-lockdowns/

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:55 pm

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:35 pm

Good article. A smart President would issue an order (NOW) to the railroad officials/unions that if you go on strike, you will not have a job. But, like I said, a smart President would.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:28 am

rick1 wrote:

Good article. A smart President would issue an order (NOW) to the railroad officials/unions that if you go on strike, you will not have a job. But, like I said, a smart President would.

Found an interesting document from the Congressional Research Service at https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/IN/IN11966

From reading that it looks like POTUS is letting the process play out and if a lockout or strike is declared, then he can end it immediately by forming an Emergency Board

If the President forms an Emergency Board, it will have 30 days to investigate the facts and report to the President with nonbinding recommendations for settlement of the dispute. During this initial 30-day period and for 30 days after the report has been issued, the NMB continues to mediate the dispute. If no agreement is reached by the end of this final 30-day period, whether on a contract or on an extension of the cooling-off period, the parties may engage in work stoppages. Assuming a Presidential Emergency Board is created at the end of the cooling-off period that began June 18, the parties could not generally engage in strikes or lockouts until the conclusion of the investigation and cooling-off periods on September 16. The last time a Presidential Emergency Board was created to resolve a freight railroad labor dispute was in 2011, and while the final cooling-off period was extended several times, a new agreement was reached in April 2012 without a strike or lockout.

Of course, Congress can intervene with legislation, but given the current level of disfunction, I suspect they won't be able to agree to anything, so the Emergency Board is the only viable option if the two sides won't behave and come to an agreement....

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:47 am

Is joe crow 2.0 a threat to our food supply?

According to the National Black Farmers president, it sounds like he is. Joe crow is going to send $1.2 billion to North Africa to fight famine and is ignoring American farmers request to meet with them on the prices of fertilizer, lime, fuel, etc.:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/national-black-farmers-president-issues-dire-warning-biden-admin-heading-food-shortage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next